WWE ’13 Details
Release Date: October 30, 2012
Systems: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii
- Road to Wrestlemania is completely gone.
- Its replacement, Attitude Era Mode, allows you take 8 Attitude Era superstars (Austin confirmed) through various stories of the AE.
The chapter-based saga moves through WWE’s struggle and eventual triumph during the so-called “Monday Night Wars,” which saw the company on the brink of defeat at the hands of a powerful rival, WCW. Told from the perspective of the WWE during that period, matches and in-game cutscenes are supplemented by superb video packages assembled by WWE’s own editors. These short vignettes put matches, feuds and larger industry developments into perspective, not only keeping the overall story going, but giving a bit of a history lesson in the process.
PSN ID: AnarchyDagger23
- New OMG! Moments give special context sensitive finishers to certain superstars similar to comebacks which include: breaking the ring with a superplex using super heavyweights (Big Show/Mark Henry), spearing your opponent through the barricade or catching a finisher in mid-air.
- Match Experience allows you to set the length of match under three options: Quick, Normal and Epic. This a separate option outside of the standard AI difficulty settings that also effects momentum, damage, enemy aggressiveness and even kick out and reversal rates. This will also be included in the AE Mode single-player story.
- A new option allows players to choose the amount of finishers they start a match with ranging from zero to infinite.
- Better weight detection is being implemented, so the smaller Rey Mysterio can’t body slam the 500 pound Big Show. In fact, super heavyweights like Mark Henry or Show now have different frames to better capture their enormous size.
- Pinning is now not only influenced by damage, but the power of the move that was previously executed. Which means no more arm drags ending matches after a 45-minute epic. There are also other subtle tweaks to the pinning and submission systems not detailed yet.
- Non-tagged partners can now be controlled. Replays are being adjusted to be more relevant.
- WWE ’13 is currently still in an "Alpha" state, meaning the team has another six or so weeks to tune and tweak features before it goes into an aggressive three-month campaign to eliminate bugs.
Confirmed Roster (so far):
Mankind (Have a Nice Day version)
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
The Undertaker (Ministry version)
PSN ID: AnarchyDagger23