Nearly impossible to hunt 5*

#1Oenomaus21Posted 2/19/2013 9:50:48 AM
Does anyone else feel like it's nearly impossible to get 5*? I don't understand how a day after the newest 5* were released, I fought tons of people that had 2-3 of them in the coli. Whereas I have done like 30+ special hunts in stormreach and haven't gotten a single 5*. How annoying...
#2nyballer24Posted 2/19/2013 9:58:17 AM
yea I feel same way I went thru about 25 sht and finally caught a 5* the drop rate is ridiculously low better of trading 4* feeders now to people for 5* cards
#3Vorensberg43Posted 2/19/2013 10:04:18 AM
Sometimes this game saddens me because when you see people who have every new best 5* an hour or two after release you start to wonder. How many were self caught? How many were traded for? For What? <----- This is the big question right here. I bet some of these people wouldn't hesitate to rip a kid off who didn't know the value of what they had. Others most likely trade the latest outdated Almighty for them (can only use 3). Same people usually hit the gold bordered prize pool every week, no real need to keep the old ones. Just trade them down for an Ace or two, no sweat right?
---
IGN: Vorensberg Level 125 KiK:Vorensberg43
#4Oenomaus21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:05:29 AM
Yeah, it's really irritating.
#5MaxTyrealPosted 2/19/2013 10:11:07 AM
Some very rich people play this game and buy like 200 tickets!
#6thesarcasmicPosted 2/19/2013 10:12:22 AM
Let's not beat around the bush. It's fcking cheaters and everyone knows it. I've spent now almost $200 on SHT. This is not an exaggeration. I have caught two 5* after using all of that money on SHTs. I know what to hunt as well. I know the shadows that are 5* for the region I'm hunting and I can average 10-14 a region when hunting normally, or higher on bern and desert.

These game designers are not idiots. There are measures they could take to level the playing field. But as it stands those who on top are the only ones who can get the tools to stay on top. And since they're on top the gap only grows as they get the best cards and rewards from coli
---
GuardianCross IGN: JeremyT
Kik: Thesarcasmic
#7Vorensberg43Posted 2/19/2013 10:13:48 AM
600 dollars is like a p!ss in the wind to some people. Remember having some 3-5k wrapped up in MTG cards. It happens.
---
IGN: Vorensberg Level 125 KiK:Vorensberg43
#8nyballer24Posted 2/19/2013 10:20:35 AM
yea that's crazy I've spent about 50$ when I didn't get anything I realized it's a waste of money
#9thesarcasmicPosted 2/19/2013 10:22:54 AM
Vorensberg43 posted...
600 dollars is like a p!ss in the wind to some people. Remember having some 3-5k wrapped up in MTG cards. It happens.

It's not the amount of money that bothers me. It's the amount of money spent vs what was gained, which is almost f*cking nothing.

At least in MTG you know your odds per pack. At least back when I played you knew there was a certain amount of land, common, uncommon, rare, etc.

In this game though, the only thing that matters are 5*. You are not going to get anywhere close to the top without them. The only way to get the newest and best ones are hunting and the odds are so f*cking low that it's a god damn joke. The card market is flooded with aces of every 5* that comes out as soon as it's out, which makes the cards I caught by following the rules worth even less.

It makes me want to punch the person at SE making these decisions in the f*cking mouth.
---
GuardianCross IGN: JeremyT
Kik: Thesarcasmic
#10nyballer24Posted 2/19/2013 10:26:32 AM
yea agreed u should be rewarded with a 5* if u spend a certain amount of money that's only fair for the low drop rate