I wish this board were more active

#1alt_realityPosted 10/13/2012 10:48:13 PM
I feel like more people would be contributing if S-E hadn't dicked out on us and shut out non-Japanese speaking Android users. This really sucks and makes absolutely no sense. Yes, we're a niche market but we are a market nonetheless. One that would be quite a bit larger had they not dicked out on us in the first place. I personally would not be playing this gem had my boyfriend not had an iPad because I despise Apple products but many out there do not have boyfriends with Apple products to experience this fantastic game.

Also, can I get an amen at the fact that they would've gotten a much better response had they released this as a real release? Maybe on PSN or a downloadable something or other on XBOX Live, whatever Nintendo has going on, or something of the like.

Meanwhile, my dog is cotent chasing after the remnants of a blue, plastic squeaky bone so maybe I just need to chill out and appreciate the simpler things in life...
---
"We running out of time!" Sigurd, Typogears
#2ExCoOpsPosted 10/14/2012 12:23:27 AM
Everything takes time, I am sure Square Enix recognized iTunes as a platform for mobile gaming and thus their first step was a release to apple products, I am sure the android market will receive the same treatment soon enough, in a matter of time and months.
---
Blah blah.
#3GothannPosted 10/14/2012 3:52:19 AM
I highly doubt Android users would have contributed much more. Even then, there's been little left to find and document in the smartphone version of this game compared to the feature phone version. Extra Moogle Coins in the Smartphone version are basically the only thing left to find.

As for a PSN/XBLA/eShop release, of course they would have added a lot more players and devoted FAQ writers. However, Square Enix *just* finished the iOS/Android version of this game. Short of the Vita and the two-months-out Wii U, they would have to radically change the way the game works -again- to make it playable on other platforms.

So yeah, that covers most of the activity on this board. It also doesn't help that this game has virtually zero replayability, what with there being nothing missable and no stat changes from mastering jobs or leveling up in them. Once you max out your entire party, the game stops having anything to offer except replaying the story again.
---
Fair does not exist. Fair is a word from a world of happy fantasies.
#4GoodluckBuckPosted 10/14/2012 4:41:36 AM
Gothann posted...
I highly doubt Android users would have contributed much more. Even then, there's been little left to find and document in the smartphone version of this game compared to the feature phone version. Extra Moogle Coins in the Smartphone version are basically the only thing left to find.

As for a PSN/XBLA/eShop release, of course they would have added a lot more players and devoted FAQ writers. However, Square Enix *just* finished the iOS/Android version of this game. Short of the Vita and the two-months-out Wii U, they would have to radically change the way the game works -again- to make it playable on other platforms.

So yeah, that covers most of the activity on this board. It also doesn't help that this game has virtually zero replayability, what with there being nothing missable and no stat changes from mastering jobs or leveling up in them. Once you max out your entire party, the game stops having anything to offer except replaying the story again.

+1 to all of this.

The most important point is probably that this board, inactive as it may appear, has already covered all the major points of the game. While there isn't a truly comprehensive FAQ, per se, all the elements of one are scattered across the topics of this board.

In fact, the low amount of threads and posts may actually be a benefit, in a weird way. There is less clutter to sort through to find what you're looking for -- be it in a search, or in browsing.
#5holyknight14Posted 10/14/2012 4:53:06 AM
I find it funny that I almost never would have played this game. I switched from an Android to iPhone a week before this game was released.
#6starlin17Posted 10/14/2012 7:34:26 AM
alt_reality posted...
I feel like more people would be contributing if S-E hadn't dicked out on us and shut out non-Japanese speaking Android users. This really sucks and makes absolutely no sense. Yes, we're a niche market but we are a market nonetheless. One that would be quite a bit larger had they not dicked out on us in the first place. I personally would not be playing this gem had my boyfriend not had an iPad because I despise Apple products but many out there do not have boyfriends with Apple products to experience this fantastic game.

Also, can I get an amen at the fact that they would've gotten a much better response had they released this as a real release? Maybe on PSN or a downloadable something or other on XBOX Live, whatever Nintendo has going on, or something of the like.

Meanwhile, my dog is cotent chasing after the remnants of a blue, plastic squeaky bone so maybe I just need to chill out and appreciate the simpler things in life...

Sadly, since this game is actually seperated from IOS and Android in two different sections, I don't see that it would have added to this board. Perhaps to FAQ's etc, but not to this board. They would have posted in their own board.
---
xbox GT: StarlinX
#7maxxxximumPosted 10/14/2012 8:03:40 AM
If they made a real release for consoles then all of the activity would be on those boards but there would be a lot more of it.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#8slartiferPosted 10/14/2012 8:22:07 AM
And most of that activity would probably consist of people complaining about the graphics :P
#9maxxxximumPosted 10/14/2012 4:09:36 PM(edited)
Most of the activity on every active board is people complaining about how much it sucks. Well, boards for new games at least. It's like people see a board is really active, so they feel obligated to bring it down a peg.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#10FoofyheadPosted 10/18/2012 12:10:53 AM
slartifer posted...
And most of that activity would probably consist of people complaining about the graphics :P

I prefer this style. Bought an iPad just to experience an original 2D FF again. It's been so long.
---
Stupid people should die. Well, it was nice knowing everyone.
http://backloggery.com/foofyhead