Can this be played, somehow, on PC?

#1WinterglaivePosted 1/18/2013 6:50:07 AM
I read somewhere that some Google Play titles can be played via Chrome. What about Dimensions?
#2DogscratchPosted 1/18/2013 9:41:21 AM
I have read that there were issues running it on an application called Bluechips - which is typically what people use to run Android apps on PC. It essentially lets you log into the play store under your own account, and emulates itself as a Samsung Galaxy S2 variant I believe - may be totally wrong on the phone type.

Unsure if this has been rectified as Bluechips does have a fairly aggressive development schedule.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#3KaelAltreulPosted 1/18/2013 11:52:34 PM
Do you mean BlueStacks?
---
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.' -Edward D. Morrison
Kael Altreul - AIM/Xbox Live/PSN | 1246-8800-9585 - 3DS FC
#4DomonicPosted 1/20/2013 6:38:11 AM
I have bluestacks installed and this game does not work with it. It will not download the additional files needed. The other FFs seem to work great with it.
#5Winterglaive(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 6:00:15 PM
Thanks for the replies! Seems I'm out of luck. Hoping for a port to Vita or 3DS or something.
#6veritasnonPosted 1/21/2013 2:03:47 PM
If you don't have the Bluestacks beta, try it instead as it lets you use Google Play. Make sure you're logged into Google Play so the game will verify and retry the download. The failure to download is usually a license check failure.
---
GamerTag/PSN: Strodemstro
#7ThirdAwakeningPosted 1/22/2013 5:59:17 AM
I made a forum post previously about Bluestacks and FFD not working together. I have left a few threads on Bluestacks "official" support forums, that were all ignored with no responses or emails or anything.

I have sent several "reports" via Bluestacks' program itself and ever time I uninstalled Bluestacks I selected the option that an app wasn't working, and listed Final Fantasy Dimensions. There hasn't been an update since I tried, or even further, no more responses.
#8DogscratchPosted 1/25/2013 9:24:02 AM
Apologies for the bluechips typo =P Indeed should have been Bluestacks

While unsure how it currently stands, and looks a touch involved a new app surfaced today when I hit my RSS feeds.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/01/25/windowsandroid-is-a-working-effort-to-run-android-natively-within-windows/

Appears to actually run Android natively without emulation, guess some kernel tweaks to use windows rather than linux.

Interesting possible environment, anyhow just gonna toss this in the mix as a possible experiment :D
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#9TzepishPosted 1/31/2013 5:03:57 PM
Windowsandroid apparently isn't ready for this game yet, but it's extremely promising. With some tinkering, I got google play going and spoofed it to think I was using a different device, but it still lists all apps as "incompatible with your device". In the future, I imagine this will be a viable way to play FFD on PC.
---
My projects:
http://devilsjockstrap.wikidot.com/