Ability damage relic.

#1Doug151Posted 12/6/2012 9:39:48 PM
So i got a relic that does +70 ability damage and once i leveled up high to use it in game, it didnt do anything? I normally do 48 damage on my ability so i thought i would do 118. It didnt add any ability damage at all.
#2CammyApplePosted 12/6/2012 9:42:39 PM
Many relics and germs do nothing. It's a glitch that we can only hope they fix.
#3Doug151(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 9:53:21 PM
Wow that sucks. It felt to good to be true. Since some of the other ones said to kill a guardian for a ability damage boost but the one i got didnt have any requirements. So i was so excited to try it out.
#4Doug151(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:00:27 PM
We should add a list of gems and relics that arent working. So far the ability gems and relics arent working.
#5JustArtificialPosted 12/7/2012 7:18:29 AM
Gems and relics are working, at least for me. Are you sure you're meeting all of the requirements?
#6GreaverzPosted 12/7/2012 10:38:30 AM
I actually laughed reading this. Just because you have a gem/relic that increases ability power doesnt mean that's what it would add on. Basically you gain ability power per level then if you have relics and stuff on it increases your ability power even more. This ability power doesn't just go straight into damage there's various things before that. First it depends on the what the spell says. Does it gain a large, moderate, small or no damage from ability power? Then after that the game calculates that into damage but then the game has to also factor the defensive bonuses and stuff the enemy has. With all this taken in to account if you have plus 70 ability power depending on the spell it might increase it by 50 maybe 30 or maybe nothing. Simple. Gems nor relics are broke just people being stupid.
---
Reppin' the underused and underrated on every game I play.
#7BlazeAndBladePosted 12/7/2012 12:39:30 PM
the relic that does more ability damage per kill works ive tried it up to a bonus of 300

and don't end if you die ever
---
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.
#8CammyApplePosted 12/7/2012 1:38:37 PM
JustArtificial posted...
Gems and relics are working, at least for me. Are you sure you're meeting all of the requirements?

level 14 decked out in regen relics and germs. Only getting two per second.
#9Doug151(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 3:18:01 PM
BlazeAndBlade posted...
the relic that does more ability damage per kill works ive tried it up to a bonus of 300

and don't end if you die ever

Yeah i just saw that one. Its expensive though, 3000 and requires 4 gem. So you wont get the actually relic in game till level 8. Whats been your experience with it?
#10YedokaiPosted 12/7/2012 4:11:49 PM
I bought that one and think it's a ton of fun. I actually put it at the very end of my belt, so at level 14 I still have an incentive to clear fodder. It shows the number of the attack power bonus you have on-screen, so you can keep track of how powered up you are, and it doesn't go away when you die.
---
MH3: Limsey
Monster Hunter addict since '04