Is anyone here not a fan of LotR?

#1u1timoPosted 12/7/2012 6:23:59 AM
I gotta admit I'm not too big on the series. I watched the first movie and fell asleep during the second one (eep). My love for MOBAs made me pick this game up and now I really want to read the books..
---
In the game of gain and loss
You may think you're mad at your boss
#2Neo_PortaPottyPosted 12/7/2012 8:03:57 AM
Not a huge fan here but love the game.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#3infinitexxPosted 12/7/2012 10:41:16 AM
The books are...dense I think would be the right word. Personally, I loved them, read them when I was very young, and read them many a time since, but they're certainly not for everyone.

The writing style can leap about from place to place, any they're not really three books (or six, as each is divided in two), but more of one monstrously long tale.

I'd start with The Hobbit. Aside from being chronologically first, I think it is the better story. Less grand but easier to follow and just more structurally sound.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#4lowrclassbratPosted 12/7/2012 11:27:59 AM
read the books back when I was a teen......Never have seen the movies.
Still reread old Conan books. Tolken doesn't stack to Robert E Howard's way of writing. Robert had a better way of bringing the action to the page while Tolken just kinda drags out everything.
#5NeonYoshi11Posted 12/7/2012 6:10:52 PM
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
Not a huge fan here but love the game.

Same here kind of.

I used to bit a little bit when the movies were originally released, but not a huge fan.

I'd rather it NOT be based on LOTR but that won't make me not play the game.

It's fun so far, and one thing that keeps me playing is knowing there will be 12 more Guardians at some point.