450 Ability power add on... does 100ish more damage

#1SackBoiPosted 12/8/2012 10:54:09 PM
Even with a 25% magic resist reduction. This games calculations are so whack, because I tested this with that electric champion, and really his normal spell that does like 250 end game ends up doing like 315ish maybe some more with my 450 ability power, with the 25% magic resist reduction it only increases by like 25 damage, so it's not that I don't have any magic pen.
---
Sometimes you get the coal mine, and sometimes you get the shaft.
#2randomsentinelPosted 12/8/2012 11:03:46 PM
game doesnt add ap flatly to spell damage. in the description of your skills on the more info card it will show you what gets low, moderate and high amount of bonus from ap.
---
www.youtube.com/user/xShuffleFM - LPs! CoD!
Fighting Games! Stuff! Rathalos for MVC3!
#3infinitexxPosted 12/9/2012 7:34:45 AM
Do people really expect +AP to add a colossal amount of damage? The guy doesn't need to be doing more than that.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#4JustArtificialPosted 12/9/2012 8:43:11 AM
Ah... people still don't understand how simple defence checks work, despite this type of thing being in video games for over 20 years.
#5SackBoi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 11:44:13 AM
Defense check there is none... whether I use a 25% magic pen, or not it does like 5 more damage meaning a 100% penetration (there is no diminishing value for pen in this game) it would do probably about 20 damage more.

Also the guardian I am talking about all his abilities benefit greatly.

So it goes from about 250 to 325.
While Gandalfs ability that does 48 a second goes to about 100 a second.
---
#6KagelyzerPosted 12/9/2012 2:47:57 PM(edited)
First of all, of course there are defense checks, plenty of them, second of all this information is next to useless until the first meta or 2 appear, my guess is the first meta is HP + Lifesteal tanks anyway, reguardless of how much penetration or resistance is used at first.
#7JustArtificialPosted 12/9/2012 3:47:28 PM
First of all, you don't consider; damage > penetration > defence reduction > health, a check?
There's plenty more to come into the equation, however I haven't looked too much into this one.
And I doubt the game can't calculate it's own damage calculation. You're just not looking into it. Do you have "perfectly" replicated stats of both you and your enemy? Without it, you're in the wrong. With it, and we can prove you wrong.
#8SackBoi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:09:54 PM
Well it is against the bots to test; and 25% pen does about 15-20 more damage therefore they barely have any ability resist.
---