Best tank?

#1St0rmShad0w7Posted 12/26/2012 8:40:33 AM
I've recently bought this game and I enjoy tank classes, I've used Bert and the witch king....maybe I am using them wrong. Who is the best tank to use?
---
Current Games I'm Playing: FFXI, RDR, Minecraft, Skyrim, Silent Hills(1-4).
GT: St0rmshad0w7
#2sojuPosted 12/26/2012 8:44:53 AM
Defenders make the best tanks, but you can certainly make Sauron so he can take a beating. I haven't really tried to tank anyone else.
#3BusardPosted 12/26/2012 9:10:00 AM(edited)
In my opinion, Eowyn and Wulfrun are the best tanks. Witch-King is pretty good.
And if you want to only tank physical attacks, Beregond is a good one too.
#4Brendy_BoyPosted 12/26/2012 10:10:39 AM
Witch King is a great tank. I build him max health since most of his abilities scale well of of how much max health you have.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Brendover
PSN: BabyInABrender
#5VortPosted 12/26/2012 10:34:33 AM
In my experience Beregond and Great Goblin are incredible at soaking up damage.
---
Jesus is Lord
#6dragunreaverPosted 12/26/2012 3:23:45 PM
Wulfrun. He has a heal, shields, and a get off me move. If you are being chased or overwhelmed you can just thrown down his tornado and walk right into it. Also, defender classes make the best tanks because at lv 14 they have 40% resistances which is the highest of all the classes.
---
I bleed Purple and Gold.
http://imageflea.com/pics/1009/6p8ruwmv.gif
#7randomsentinelPosted 12/26/2012 3:37:12 PM(edited)
i've played all the tanks a lot, and the ones who are best at taking hits i've found are eowyn, wulfrun, and if you stack HP witch king. eowyn might be my favorite tank to play now, sorry galadriel!

as far as team benefit, i think it's galadriel. global heals, 2 CC moves, and tanky as heck late game. goblin and bert are good initiators too. wulfrun has an amazing ult. it depends on what you want to do in the game with your tank to decide who's best. overall i go with galadriel for supportive purposes.
---
www.youtube.com/user/xShuffleFM - LPs! CoD! GoME!
Fighting Games! Stuff! Rathalos for MVC3!
#8XxXKiIIerXBunniesXxXPosted 12/26/2012 3:43:00 PM
wulfrun or however it's spelled. he's the only one I couldn't kill off and it wasn't because he was running. I really was hitting him hard and he took so much damage. I've not seen any other guardian take that much damage. I think he was using a full 'ability power' set too so(and I've never played him so that could be the reason why) he must get a lot of boost to defense from that too.

It is crazy how I can drop the other guardians if they stay and fight one vs one but this guy is crazy. Also I never played bilbo(sp?) and he(learned the hardway) has a move that damages you while taking 'crap loads' of damage. I always run away from a Bilbo that is using a 'dance move' ability lol, because the more I try to hurt him then, the faster I go down. Yes I use strikers and their downfall is they have little HP if you try to 'up their attacks a lot.
---
You should read your Bible, sirs. You'll find all types of weird stuff in there. Like, did you know Jesus was a Jew? -Jay
#9St0rmShad0w7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 9:44:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10St0rmShad0w7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 11:15:13 PM
So it sounds like wulfrun is best or eowyn or witch king with only hp setup...anybody want to help me with belts with each? I'm loving wulfrun at the moment after reading these comments, don't like witch king so much his lack of healing or shields sucks, haven't tried eowyn yet
---
Current Games I'm Playing: FFXI, RDR, Minecraft, Skyrim, Silent Hills(1-4).
GT: St0rmshad0w7