XBox Rewards Strategy Guide

#1Soul_Of_MillerPosted 1/11/2013 3:43:50 AM
Did anyone else get this?

Who the hell made this "strategy guide"?

It's just the player cards of all the non-dlc characters, and some of them are even classified wrong. Sauron is an enchanter? lol

I'm guessing Monolith either:

A) had nothing to do with it and just found some idiots to copy & paste some info

-or-

B) Monolith themselves made the guide, in which case, goes to show how little they care for a title that COULD have been big, but decided to flush it down the crapper along with my MS points.

This game got me interested in MOBAs & I love all LOTR lore, but this game is pretty damn unplayable. 5-15 minute matchmaking process with a 50/50 chance of being disconnected within 5 minutes of playing, coupled with Xbox freezing attacks (Aerial Strike) makes me think they didn't test this game for more than 10 minutes, said "tis good work we hath done this day, ship it on the morrow!"

The trial works enough to convince you it's good, only to be like your first sexual encounter. Good for a few minutes, then ultimately genital warts.
---
GFaqs mods are like mall cops. No real authority, but just as useless.
#2Brendy_BoyPosted 1/11/2013 6:51:19 AM
Sauron is more of an enchanter than he is a warrior.

He is an AP Assassin.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Brendover
PSN: BabyInABrender
#3Soul_Of_Miller(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 9:18:41 AM
I have to disagree. I play Sauron with maximum HP boosts and take full advantage of his passive. His +7% Max HP boost to a melee attack after an ability FAR outweights his other abilities.

Lidless Eye is completely dependent on enemy health, no point in using it if they're at 100%.

Shadow Walk is handy for setting up a hasty ambush, which causes his passive to activate, granted you melee strike after using it.

Might of Barad-dr is good for mopping up soldiers in conjunction with his passive. You don't want to knock an enemy guardian AWAY from you.

Dark Lord's Reach roots an enemy, activates his passive & smack the hell out of them for great damage.

AP Assassin? I don't think so.
---
#4hypermoePosted 1/11/2013 12:53:29 PM
wait they still havent fixed the Aerial Strike? hasn't that been here since like mid November? but i shouldnt be too shocked, from what i understand they arent due back to work till the 20th of this month from what i read on the official forums. Must be nice to have almost a 2 month break for the holiday.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#5Soul_Of_Miller(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:31:49 PM
hypermoe posted...
wait they still havent fixed the Aerial Strike? hasn't that been here since like mid November?

Yes, you are correct. This game had the basis to be one HUGE sleeper hit on XBLA, but due to Monolith not giving a **** it is going to flop worse than Madonnas fried eggs on a nail.

The only thing that would've saved this from the crappy matchmaking would've been "custom matches" but out of over 20+ guardians, only 10 can be used as bots. Why in the hell would you cut yourself short? It's pointless.

Fact is, this game has done nothing but disappoint.
---
#6Brendy_BoyPosted 1/12/2013 1:14:06 PM
Soul_Of_Miller posted...
I have to disagree. I play Sauron with maximum HP boosts and take full advantage of his passive. His +7% Max HP boost to a melee attack after an ability FAR outweights his other abilities.

Lidless Eye is completely dependent on enemy health, no point in using it if they're at 100%.

Shadow Walk is handy for setting up a hasty ambush, which causes his passive to activate, granted you melee strike after using it.

Might of Barad-dr is good for mopping up soldiers in conjunction with his passive. You don't want to knock an enemy guardian AWAY from you.

Dark Lord's Reach roots an enemy, activates his passive & smack the hell out of them for great damage.

AP Assassin? I don't think so.

You are just bad then.

Build him full AP/cooldown.
Teleport/stealth to enemy.
Knock them into your tower.
Root them under tower.
Ult if they aren't dead.

Also, ult is useful if enemies are at full health for multiple reasons.
One, it gives vision of all enemies.
Two, it does good damage, and can go on cooldown again.
Three, there is a fear at the end.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Brendover
PSN: BabyInABrender
#7Soul_Of_Miller(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 6:15:42 AM
Brendy_Boy posted...

You are just bad then.

No, I just don't have to rely on a tower to do my work for me. My towers aren't all over the map like yours must be, I actually make it through to the enemy side, not gimp my build to be tower reliant.

But if that works for you, then have fun Junior.
---
#8randomsentinelPosted 1/14/2013 10:29:53 AM
i got the email but cant figure out how to claim the reward for some reason, maybe i didnt get the reward itself. there's no obvious link, and the rewards site didn't have it pop up or anything.
---
www.youtube.com/user/xShuffleFM - LPs! CoD! GoME!
Fighting Games! Stuff! Rathalos for MVC3!
#9hypermoePosted 1/14/2013 12:07:28 PM
randomsentinel posted...
i got the email but cant figure out how to claim the reward for some reason, maybe i didnt get the reward itself. there's no obvious link, and the rewards site didn't have it pop up or anything.

its just a website. should have had a url or something like that in the email. here is a link if you still need it:

http://akamai.eprizecdn.net/xbox/218737_guardians/gome_strategyguide_v2.pdf
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!