A humble request from a guy that really likes GoME wants to see it succeed.

#1pitch_modPosted 1/20/2013 11:54:03 AM
Guardians of Middle Earth is my first MOBA game, and I haven't been playing very long, but I'm already having a lot of fun. I've had the same problem as everybody else with difficulty finding matches, and I almost decided to stop playing for now to wait and see if the community would grow. Then I got to thinking that there are probably quite a few people out there that have made the same decision, and if so, that would mean bad things for the game. So I ask that if you have already bought the game, and you aren't playing it for that reason, please get online and queue up for some matches. I'd hate to see this game die just because it had a rough start and people gave up too quickly. I obviously can't say if that's actually happening, but I care enough about the game to try whatever I can to ensure people keep playing it.

Thanks!
---
Games I Dig: Metroid, Elder Scrolls, Zelda, Contra, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Monster Hunter, Doom, Tales, Ys, Megaman, Final Fantasy, Borderlands, and Shmups.
#2The CaptainPosted 1/20/2013 1:26:26 PM
I'm waiting for the Mono devs to come back from their winter break and patch some things.
That will determine if I come back.
#3pitch_mod(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:53:38 PM
I hear ya, and that's understandable since there are some things that need to be fixed. If what I have heard about how long it takes for Microsoft to ok new patches though, I imagine it will be at least a month from the time they return until the patch is released. I just hope the game doesn't die in that time because new players come to find an empty game because too many people are waiting to play. I guess one would think that if Monolith cared about the game they wouldn't go on vacation until the game was stable, but then again who knows how long the employees might have been working overtime to get the game released. I guess an impatient publisher hoping to capitalize on the movie would be to blame for that... Alright I'm rambling now...
---
Games I Dig: Metroid, Elder Scrolls, Zelda, Contra, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Monster Hunter, Doom, Tales, Ys, Megaman, Final Fantasy, Borderlands, and Shmups.
#4alphabg59Posted 1/20/2013 3:14:53 PM
I'm shocked this game was released with all the unresolved connection problems. This game is supposedly designed for 5v5 multiplayer but I get disconnected for no reason 50% of the time and at random times in the match. Nothing is more frustrating than putting 15 minutes into a match and getting booted with nothing to show for it but a loss.

I'm waiting for a patch to fix the connection issues before me or my friends will even consider playing again.
---
Gallium: Melts in your hand, hopefully not your mouth.
CRA FC: 4983 1497 2581
#5pitch_mod(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 4:08:44 PM
I'm pretty sure it was pushed out sooner than it should have been to coincide with the movie, and if so that really sucks. Like I said, it was probably the publisher's doing. I think most developers would rather take the time to finish a game that they've poured so much time and care into.
---
#6randomsentinelPosted 1/20/2013 9:40:36 PM
game almost lost my support last night. there was a 30+ minute period where my friends and i couldn't find a game in matchmaking. i enjoy playing it, but 30 minutes for a game is insane. i'm thinking the community is dwindling, but i also saw a lot of fresh faces last night so it might have just been a bad stretch.
---
www.youtube.com/user/xShuffleFM - LPs! CoD! GoME!
Fighting Games! Stuff! Rathalos for MVC3!
#7ih0tfireiPosted 1/21/2013 9:44:38 AM
randomsentinel posted...
game almost lost my support last night. there was a 30+ minute period where my friends and i couldn't find a game in matchmaking. i enjoy playing it, but 30 minutes for a game is insane. i'm thinking the community is dwindling, but i also saw a lot of fresh faces last night so it might have just been a bad stretch.

NFL playoffs, most of America was busy watching the games instead of playing online.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#8hypermoePosted 1/21/2013 11:24:08 AM
Even if it was only released because of the movie, that is no reason as to why this game is so bad. I love this game, but it seems to me that the devs dont give a dam, because if not they would be fixing it, or at least communicating with us in the process. About the only thing we get in the official forums is that they know there is problems with the game and it will get fixed eventually. Seeing how most if not all these problems have been here since the start of the game i doubt they are taking their time in fixing it, or at least some improvement would be showing.

Like i said i love and enjoy this game, but it will fail if the dev for this game dont start actually working on it. I really hope they are actually listening to us, and maybe they are taking their time with it so they fix everything all in one go, but again its really hard to tell when they do little to nothing in terms of communication.

I try to do my part. I bought the game on xbox (along with the season pass) and plan to get it on ps3 as well. its a fun game and would be a hell of a lot better when they start fixing it.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#9randomsentinelPosted 1/22/2013 12:45:28 PM
randomsentinel posted...

NFL playoffs, most of America was busy watching the games instead of playing online.

i actually watched both games and got online after them. my queue times were abnormally long, and i would know since when i play, it's always at the same time of the day.
---
www.youtube.com/user/xShuffleFM - LPs! CoD! GoME!
Fighting Games! Stuff! Rathalos for MVC3!
#10MashYouGoodPosted 1/23/2013 4:48:22 PM
Until games like this incorporate at least LAN, if not a 2-player split-screen functionality, they'll forever remain the playthings of basement dwelling PC users.