Stats, Info, and More....!!!

#11the13thhereticPosted 2/1/2013 10:23:23 AM
Busard posted...
That AD build isn't that good.

Dragon's Horde and Rohirrim Ride relics with 4% damage and 4% attack gems.
It gives 53% damage and 42% attack speed at level 14.

With Gollum that means:
- vs 20% resistance = 366.4 dps (against 275.2 with your penetration build)
- vs 40% resistance = 274.8 dps (against 263.75 with penetration)
- vs 75% resistance =114.5 dps (against 243.7 with penetration)
And if you use 2 penetration gems instead of attack gems, you get: 356, 278 and 141 respectively.

The way I read it wasn't so much that they were optimizing the build, it was just to show the difference between pure damage and attack pen.
---
GT: Jestergrin13
#12OleDirtyD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:52:33 AM
the13thheretic posted...
Busard posted...
That AD build isn't that good.

Dragon's Horde and Rohirrim Ride relics with 4% damage and 4% attack gems.
It gives 53% damage and 42% attack speed at level 14.

With Gollum that means:
- vs 20% resistance = 366.4 dps (against 275.2 with your penetration build)
- vs 40% resistance = 274.8 dps (against 263.75 with penetration)
- vs 75% resistance =114.5 dps (against 243.7 with penetration)
And if you use 2 penetration gems instead of attack gems, you get: 356, 278 and 141 respectively.

The way I read it wasn't so much that they were optimizing the build, it was just to show the difference between pure damage and attack pen.

exactly, not a min/max build, just a good reference for pen vs dam, which he handled pretty well.
---
So young, so angry, DARN that rap music!!
#13BusardPosted 2/1/2013 12:15:05 PM
the13thheretic posted...

The penetration build was somehow optimized (it had +36% damage which is half what the pure damage build got and didn't cap penetration at 90). To make a good comparison, the damage build had to be somehow optimized too; otherwise it's biased.

I mean, that spreadsheet would make you think the turning point where penetration is better is around 25% resistance while it is in fact more like around 45% resistance (and even more if you go for the boss that gives penetration near the bottom lane or know how to use the Smite command).
#14OleDirtyD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:31:38 PM
Busard posted...
the13thheretic posted...

The penetration build was somehow optimized (it had +36% damage which is half what the pure damage build got and didn't cap penetration at 90). To make a good comparison, the damage build had to be somehow optimized too; otherwise it's biased.

I mean, that spreadsheet would make you think the turning point where penetration is better is around 25% resistance while it is in fact more like around 45% resistance (and even more if you go for the boss that gives penetration near the bottom lane or know how to use the Smite command).

its whats called a base set. very controlled, limited factors. no potions, shrines, bosses,commands etc.(which would of course change those numbers). should be easy enough to implement your build with a lil math. whats AD percentage would you like to know? regardless, that damage would be cut by 75% with max resist. ill do a lil number crunching for you and see what i come up with.
---
So young, so angry, DARN that rap music!!