Just obtained Thorin. Build suggestions?

#1YamatoBeatsPosted 3/18/2013 6:37:40 PM
Topic. I know he was pretty good when the game was released but I didn't have the chance to use him. I just had some left over MSP and thought I'd give him a run.

Looking for loadout suggestions. I have a decent amount of Gold and I play on a fairly regular basis so obtaining it isn't much of a problem. Post away!
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#2El_WrayZeroPosted 3/20/2013 2:51:49 AM
Goblin Gate relic 4r 4x 10% Crit Damage gems
Red Book relic 2r 2x 10% Crit Damage
Empty Slot 1x 10% Crit Damage
---
Hate not me, hate your weakness.
PSN: IntrepidKnight
#3the13thhereticPosted 3/20/2013 9:21:05 AM
Life steal works well on him also. Play him like a striker, hit and run. Though, with his shield he is durable. Attack pen works wonders also.
---
GT: Jestergrin13
#4YamatoBeats(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 9:27:00 AM
El_WrayZero posted...
Goblin Gate relic 4r 4x 10% Crit Damage gems
Red Book relic 2r 2x 10% Crit Damage
Empty Slot 1x 10% Crit Damage

I was wondering whether or not I should stack crit. I'll try this out right now.
---
#5dumanyoPosted 3/20/2013 12:16:05 PM
I thought that crit damage was capped at 200%...and if so, that suggested loadout overloads crit damage. It starts at a base of 150%, and goblin gate will get it to 190%, so you just need one crit damage gem to hit the cap.

I may be mistaken though, anyone know for sure?
---
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
#6dumanyoPosted 3/20/2013 12:30:00 PM
dumanyo posted...
I thought that crit damage was capped at 200%...and if so, that suggested loadout overloads crit damage. It starts at a base of 150%, and goblin gate will get it to 190%, so you just need one crit damage gem to hit the cap.

I may be mistaken though, anyone know for sure?

Looks like I may have been mistaken:

https://www.guardiansofmiddleearth.com/forums/showthread.php/4885-What-are-the-caps-for-everything
---
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
#7YamatoBeats(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 1:32:49 PM
Thanks for that. It's a good thing it doesn't cap out. Thorin crits like a beast.
---
#8DrDoomPosted 3/20/2013 3:38:02 PM
I've been enjoying:

GGate->Endless Stair: All crit% chance gems.
I'm not on the game but, IIRC you get around 50-55% hit chance w/ the 40% dmg increase from GG along with the reds in ES. The set is insane once you hit 14 b/c you get a guaranteed 100% crit chance using his ult, and ES lowers your ability cooldowns by 1 sec w/ each crit. You do the math.

IIRC...Dead Marshes??--It's a 3 slot red that slows opps atk spd by 10 w/ every hit. Stacks 3x.-> Vapors of whateverdafudge: ALL reds have life steal.

Pretty straightforward. Boost his shield so it slows enemies by 40%, then get to work. The red LS gems help you stay in the thick of fights to soak up XP. Once you hit 14 you heal like crazy, and the enemy atk still gets slowed by 10-70% so you can hack your way to victory while his X recharges. I heard his shield was nerfed but I haven't really felt it much.

tl;dr: Dem crits.Dose B attacks. Dat Shield.
---
This is Warg Sprint.
3DS 3566 2826 6484