Worth buying yet?

#1BuyersRemorse55Posted 4/3/2013 10:35:22 AM
I heard a lot of bad things about the game around launch time. Has it improved at all ? Any big patches on teh way that I just wait for and see?
#2SpootzPosted 4/5/2013 7:38:47 AM
I tried the game when it first came out, and I found lag and disconnects about.

I recently bought the game, and everything seems to working much more smoothly. No random disconnects (except rage quits). Lag still happens, but that is based on everyone's internet connection. Unfortunately, some people with trash internet still try to play the game (which ruins it for everyone in the match).

Seriously, if you have a 360 and Live Gold, then why are you running on the worst Broadband available. Step up your internet for the sake of everyone!
---
Live: Spootz
PSN: SPTwhte
#3MashYouGoodPosted 4/16/2013 10:54:10 PM
Not even if it were free (because even then you'd have to fork out nigh on 2000M$ to get all the stripped content).

The game is abysmal. You cannot even initiate attacks unless enemies are in your attack circle, making it feel almost turn-based and the brawls all look like a cluster-**** of polygons and sprites.

Given what the trailer to this game looked like, Monolith should give Bioware a run for their money in the 'Games That Look and Play NOTHING Like What They're Promoted as Awards'.
#4the13thhereticPosted 4/17/2013 3:36:25 PM
MashYouGood posted...
Not even if it were free (because even then you'd have to fork out nigh on 2000M$ to get all the stripped content).

The game is abysmal. You cannot even initiate attacks unless enemies are in your attack circle, making it feel almost turn-based and the brawls all look like a cluster-**** of polygons and sprites.

Given what the trailer to this game looked like, Monolith should give Bioware a run for their money in the 'Games That Look and Play NOTHING Like What They're Promoted as Awards'.

Or, you know, just play the base game and buy the extra characters if you really want them. Im guessing this is your first moba, since you cant attack someone outside your range in any of them I've played. Calm down guy.

On topic, I enjoy the game quite a bit. My only complaint is the gold mode glitch has chosen to strike me, and that sucks. But I enjoy the game when I can play it.

Also, you can download the demo and play for a couple hours to form your own opinion.
---
GT: Jestergrin13
#5MashYouGoodPosted 4/17/2013 4:39:38 PM
^ Nope. Playing Awesomenauts and it's oodles better than GoM-E, even with its minimalist presentation. I'm familiar with LoL, too, although I do not play it.

It's all well and good having a AAA license and AAA presentation, but if the gameplay and overall structure of the game sucks, it's all for nought.