Controls

#1ianpwilliamsPosted 10/26/2012 1:29:11 PM
The IGN review talked about a lack of control options. Would I still be able to have inverted Y axis (push up to look down) and no vibration?
#2PostalDudesHerePosted 10/26/2012 1:45:47 PM
invert yes (that's how I play), don't know about vibrate though.
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today? SURPRISE!
#3ianpwilliams(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 1:49:40 PM
Great, can't wait to play D3 again
#4neovectorPosted 10/26/2012 2:01:32 PM
control options give you
southpaw
invert
vibration
sensitivity
i'm pretty sure they were talking about the lack of button mapping and the like...
still after consulting my Dishonored tarot cards... I predict you are going to love this game
---
Gamertag:knighthawk3759
"sometimes people are just Bad Code" - Root
#5ianpwilliams(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 2:48:47 PM
Oh ok, no problem then. I can't think of that many games these days that do have button mapping anyway.

And I know I'll enjoy the game, as I've always been a big Doom fan. I've played all the console Doom's, and quite a few custom Doom wads on PC too. I'm looking forward to the new D3 episode. And I'll have to pick up Dishonored too at some point.
#6neovectorPosted 10/26/2012 2:52:13 PM
cool...just don't listen to "The Two Who Shal Not Be Named" its their mission in life to discourage anyone who might choose to like this game
---
#7GundamFanTPosted 10/26/2012 2:59:34 PM
ianpwilliams posted...
Oh ok, no problem then. I can't think of that many games these days that do have button mapping anyway.

And I know I'll enjoy the game, as I've always been a big Doom fan. I've played all the console Doom's, and quite a few custom Doom wads on PC too. I'm looking forward to the new D3 episode. And I'll have to pick up Dishonored too at some point.

Wait are you saying you have Doom 3 on the PC with mods? If so I don't think there is any reason to actually buy the bfg edition. You can get everything this offers and then some.

But if you only have a console or if you have to own everything Doom related, then yeah, you should enjoy this.
---
"...it was a joke." EDI on ME3's ending
PSN ID/gamertag:GundamFanT
#8neovectorPosted 10/26/2012 3:02:55 PM
GundamFanT posted...
ianpwilliams posted...

Wait are you saying you have Doom 3 on the PC with mods? If so I don't think there is any reason to actually buy the bfg edition. You can get everything this offers and then some.

But if you only have a console or if you have to own everything Doom related, then yeah, you should enjoy this.

ok...someone tell the " The Two That Shall Not Be Named" this is the proper way to state an opinion that can be taken as negative.....
---
#9GundamFanTPosted 10/26/2012 3:11:05 PM
I enjoy this game and specifically this version. But that's because i'm a console gamer. If I had a PC of course I would get the vanilla PC edition, with mods. Just letting the guy know that it might be a waste of money if he already has this. But if he's a super fan, who cares? I own almost every version or port of every Resident Evil game. Sometimes its just about the collecting. :)

Side note, anyone else see the stupidity of <certain people> ragging on the BFG edition for "changing what Doom 3 was originally supposed to be" then saying how much they love the PC vanilla version WITH MODS...? :(
---
"...it was a joke." EDI on ME3's ending
PSN ID/gamertag:GundamFanT
#10neovectorPosted 10/26/2012 4:03:11 PM
GundamFanT posted...
I enjoy this game and specifically this version. But that's because i'm a console gamer. If I had a PC of course I would get the vanilla PC edition, with mods. Just letting the guy know that it might be a waste of money if he already has this. But if he's a super fan, who cares? I own almost every version or port of every Resident Evil game. Sometimes its just about the collecting. :)

Side note, anyone else see the stupidity of <certain people> ragging on the BFG edition for "changing what Doom 3 was originally supposed to be" then saying how much they love the PC vanilla version WITH MODS...? :(

Oh I see what you were doing I was just complimenting you on the way you stated your opinion...informative and intelligent,,and actually trying TO HELP SOMEONE WITHOUT PUTTING THEM DOWN.....CAN YOU TWO HEAR ME OUT THERE IN LIMBO?!?!?!?
---