First impression. Terrible.

#1TheRaging_GamerPosted 11/27/2012 5:35:28 PM
As a long time fan of this series, I hate to say that I have been disappointed with most of this generations Ratchet titles. The series has just seemed to go downhill and this game is a new low. Even worse then that four player Ratchet game. What have they done to this series! This game is nothing like the Ratchet and Clank that people LOVE. First off, the graphics are sub par and barely look better then the ps2 ratchet games. The whole "defend your base" thing is so played out by now. I was excepting a bit more. Maybe I need to play more but as of now this game is bad.
#2alienfreaks04Posted 11/27/2012 5:42:23 PM
TheRaging_Gamer posted...
The whole "defend your base" thing is so played out by now.

Tower Defense isn't a fad.
---
My signature is better than yours.
#3OblivonPosted 11/27/2012 6:34:31 PM
alienfreaks04 posted...
TheRaging_Gamer posted...
The whole "defend your base" thing is so played out by now.

Tower Defense isn't a fad.

I'm willing to dispute that.
---
(^=' w '=^) meow
#4LukeStrife5Posted 11/27/2012 8:32:15 PM
It's a spin-off. Game is fun and great for the type of game it is trying to be. Same for All 4 One. They were different types of games, they weren't trying to be a main entry in the Ratchet series.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#5ToastyAnakinPosted 11/27/2012 9:52:02 PM
Its because the main insomniac team is doing FUSE. the new crappy team is doing this and all 4 one
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#6MonopomanPosted 11/28/2012 2:07:28 AM
I think they realized this game wasn't on the level of the main series thus the $19.99 price.
#7vgman94Posted 11/28/2012 12:17:47 PM
LukeStrife5 posted...
It's a spin-off. Game is fun and great for the type of game it is trying to be. Same for All 4 One. They were different types of games, they weren't trying to be a main entry in the Ratchet series.

I disagree. The marketing, gameplay and level design made it feel like a main entry in the series. Maybe a spin off in terms of different gameplay (same with Metal Gear Rising), but nonetheless meant to be a main entry in regards to it's place in the series. That's my two cents. Peace.
#8RoshobiPosted 11/28/2012 4:29:10 PM
I just played the trial. If that's what the game is like, than its waaaaay better than A4O. A4O was terrible. I got it for free from PS+, and I'm glad I hadn't bought it.
#9Shadow286Posted 11/28/2012 9:23:25 PM
This game wouldn't be so bad If it weren't for it's terrible control scheme. Please give me an R1 jump. Why do I need to use it for aiming?
#10CronoDynePosted 11/29/2012 2:21:07 AM
It's a spin-off.

No, it's not. Insomniac themselves came out to hype this as the newest entry to the series and a return to the game's "classic feel." They failed miserably at the latter.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.