I'm legitimately enjoying the game... am I playing it wrong?

#1legionofpancakePosted 11/28/2012 8:45:39 AM
Shameless joke title.

But I actually AM enjoying the game. The overall gameplay is pretty fast paced for most play styles, depending on how you play and the platforming segments that ARE in the game are fun, as well; the final battle phase in each level gets pretty crazy. The story is really cool, in my opinion. I won't say anything for people who haven't gotten it and want to play.

The only thing I have against the game is that it uses internet memes as a form of comedy. I guess as a way to relate to fans better? They've replaced some of the top notch comedy with cheap laughs and that isn't really doing it for me. I am also pretty tired of this art style, mostly because the characters are given such wonky movements when talking or doing other actions.

If I had to rate the game: 8/10

It's a bite sized, 20 dollar game that offers a lot of replay value, not an overblown epic. Eventually there will be a new main series game, but until then I'm well feed. Now they just need to release Deadlocked HD.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.