FYI: Game gets better when....

#1flymikePosted 11/28/2012 11:25:29 AM
You learn how to play. Seriously.

I was like most of you guys. Worried I had wasted my money and letting the toned down graphics and a repetitiveness in my play get to me. I really wasn't going to play this again UNTIL.....I had 2 EXCELLENT online games. The secret is to hopefully come across people who know HOW to play this. People who know what EACH of the phases mean. And who have a good idea of when to attack, when to defend, when to build, when to scout, etc. Man....those were some intense and hype matches.

Believe me, I don't like tower defense games. But my advice to you dudes is to give it time. Actually try to LEARN how to play. That's when it really opens up and you can see what they envisioned for this game. It helps if your teammate and opponent aren't idiots too lol. But don't get frustrated or anything. Get weapons, build your defenses, take nodes. If you're playing even semi-correctly you'll have more than enough bolts to set up a fortress, even if you die frequently. Be smart about defending your turf and when to take down their base. Be crafty when you engage other players, don't attack just because you see them.

Anyways, my word to you guys is to not get rid of it or write it off yet. It really opens up, I swear. And especially when you get great matches with solid players. Maybe someone will make a faq later on.

But I'm going back to work. Game is fun. I'll play online whenever I'm free. PSN is FlyMike45. If we can get a bunch of PSN listed in this thread with decent players, game could be epic as intended.

Later dudes.
---
Pimp hand, give me strength...
#2mtnman2888Posted 11/29/2012 4:29:09 PM
I agree, was really kind of indifferent about this game at first, but after some more time with it I'm really enjoying it. It's not like the classic R&C games and I enjoy them better, but this is a good game in it's own right. Add me as a friend and I'll play online, works really good with your teammate has a mic too, I do.
---
PSN ID: mtnman3888
#3flymike(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:07:44 PM
Cool man, I just sent ya a FR. Added another player I met online who is EXTREMELY good. And yes I have a mic lol.

Any other players who actually want to play good matches and not complain?
---
Pimp hand, give me strength...
#4jdw1005Posted 11/30/2012 5:23:50 PM
i was the same with playstation allstars battle royal. after playing it for a while it's gotten kinda fun. even more so with cross play.
---
Get Sonic and Sega Racing people. It's a great game for all Sega Vets. - Nexuskeyblade add if you play
#5mjc0961Posted 12/1/2012 5:43:06 PM
I was finally having one good match, but my PS3 froze on me in the middle of the 3rd recon phase. =(
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#6Zenzo96Posted 12/1/2012 6:52:07 PM
mjc0961 posted...
I was finally having one good match, but my PS3 froze on me in the middle of the 3rd recon phase. =(

That happened to me too! Ugh.
---
PSN: Zenzo95 XBL: XxRoxas1396xX