well, they finally out-did Deadlocked

#1enigmatic alexPosted 11/30/2012 12:51:33 AM
Deadlocked was my least favorite of the series so far (Crack in Time being my fave), but FFA takes the cake. Just finished it and boy do I hope they stop with these low-budget cheapo Ratchet spin-offs and get back on course with the main series
---
I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it! I'm coming for all of you! -Laura Roslin
#2BenzychenzPosted 11/30/2012 1:22:59 AM
The main draw of this game is the online. And it is amazing.
---
I don't have a sig
#352886Posted 11/30/2012 5:41:18 AM
Are you implying that Deadlocked (one of my favs by the way) was a " cheap Ratchet spin-off"?
---
"Freedom is a rope and God wants you to hang yourself with it." -Castiel
XBL: Sam Rye 66 / PSN: SamRye66
#4Cvdf3Posted 11/30/2012 8:24:45 PM
Benzychenz posted...
The main draw of this game is the online. And it is amazing.

THIS
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#5RPGInfinityPosted 12/1/2012 8:19:17 AM
I agree - the draw of the series was NOT an online, multiplayer, co-op experience. It was single player adventure/shooter. I realize they tried to broaden the audience, but the diehard fans are not pining for better on-line, or multiplayer experiences.
They missed again with this one.
#6Antilurker77Posted 12/1/2012 11:37:06 AM
RPGInfinity posted...
I agree - the draw of the series was NOT an online, multiplayer, co-op experience. It was single player adventure/shooter. I realize they tried to broaden the audience, but the diehard fans are not pining for better on-line, or multiplayer experiences.

Fans have been BEGGING for another competitive Ratchet game. The idea of having a multi-player focused PSN title has been brought up a lot since QFB. Insomniac is not trying to broaden it's audience, their giving their fans what they've been asking for years.
#7Zenzo96Posted 12/1/2012 12:50:10 PM
Antilurker77 posted...
RPGInfinity posted...

Fans have been BEGGING for another competitive Ratchet game. The idea of having a multi-player focused PSN title has been brought up a lot since QFB. Insomniac is not trying to broaden it's audience, their giving their fans what they've been asking for years.

This.
---
PSN: Zenzo95 XBL: XxRoxas1396xX
#8enigmatic alex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 3:40:15 PM
Antilurker77 posted...
RPGInfinity posted...

I've been a huge fan from day 1 (picked up the 1st ps2 game the day it came out) and I have never "asked for this for years" :/
---
I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it! I'm coming for all of you! -Laura Roslin
#9Cvdf3Posted 12/1/2012 8:18:18 PM(edited)
I have been a big R&C fan since the PS2 as well (3 probably being my favorite, followed by 2). I was not excited when I heard about this, at all. Watched a vid on it, played the demo, and damn, I love it.
Might be a spinoff, but it's a well done and fun spinoff. I would love a classic adventure game too; but if they can make well designed games with a different formula as well, fine with me. This one is great.

Besides, we all know the "problem" with the game is that it is called a R&C game. If Insomniac had made a new IP out of this people would be saying it's one of the best and original tower defense games / MOBA light games in past years.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#10Zenzo96Posted 12/1/2012 8:34:20 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
I have been a big R&C fan since the PS2 as well (3 probably being my favorite, followed by 2). I was not excited when I heard about this, at all. Watched a vid on it, played the demo, and damn, I love it.
Might be a spinoff, but it's a well done and fun spinoff. I would love a classic adventure game too; but if they can make well designed games with a different formula as well, fine with me. This one is great.

Besides, we all know the "problem" with the game is that it is called a R&C game. If Insomniac had made a new IP out of this people would be saying it's one of the best and original tower defense games / MOBA light games in past years.

THIS
---
PSN: Zenzo95 XBL: XxRoxas1396xX