How many or how significant are the spoilers in this game if I haven't played pa

#1yakkacruzPosted 12/1/2012 2:47:03 PM
st Tools of Destruction?
---
You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi
#2Antilurker77Posted 12/1/2012 3:08:49 PM
FFA doesn't mention any of the other games.
#3GamerSlyRatchetPosted 12/1/2012 4:13:02 PM
Not any huge spoilers, but there are a LOT of small references and inside jokes to previous games, being the 10th Anniversary game and all.
---
ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD !!!!
#4yakkacruz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:29:01 AM(edited)
I ask because I want to play this with my girlfriend, but I also don't want to spoil CiT and A4O since I'm taking forever to play those.
---
You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi
#5Toxic_MammalPosted 12/2/2012 11:58:51 AM
Starship Phoenix II, Quark Fanboy, Korgon Refineries, Grummelnet Plasma Harvester slightly resembles Ghost Station from Deadlocked...

So yeah, just references to various games in the series.
---
PSN ID: EL-RIO_12 XBL GT: Toxic Mammal
My SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/toxic-mammal
#6GamerSlyRatchetPosted 12/2/2012 12:10:55 PM
Toxic_Mammal posted...
Starship Phoenix II, Quark Fanboy, Korgon Refineries, Grummelnet Plasma Harvester slightly resembles Ghost Station from Deadlocked...

So yeah, just references to various games in the series.

Don't forget the Thugs-4-Less and Abercrombie Fizzwidget references.

This has to be the game with the most references to Going Commando, since that game usually gets pretty ignored, alongside Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank.
---
ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD !!!!
#7OniLink96Posted 12/2/2012 1:23:37 PM
GC isn't too terribly ignored. Angela is mentioned in ACiT, Aranos is one of the planets that Zogg captures in the comics, and a few of the Creatures in A4O are from the Bogon Galaxy. Some of them are from Vaknar III. Yunno, a planet that's only mentioned in the Megapede's Monsterpedia entry.

SM and SAC are far more ignored. The only reference either one really receives is the convict skin in ToD. But SAC is non-canon, so I doubt that direct reference will ever be made to it.
---
"Ahhh...... You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow."
#8Toxic_MammalPosted 12/2/2012 3:52:08 PM
OniLink96 posted...
GC isn't too terribly ignored. Angela is mentioned in ACiT, Aranos is one of the planets that Zogg captures in the comics, and a few of the Creatures in A4O are from the Bogon Galaxy. Some of them are from Vaknar III. Yunno, a planet that's only mentioned in the Megapede's Monsterpedia entry.

SM and SAC are far more ignored. The only reference either one really receives is the convict skin in ToD. But SAC is non-canon, so I doubt that direct reference will ever be made to it.

Where was Angela mentioned? I don't remember that :/
---
#9OniLink96Posted 12/10/2012 5:34:51 PM
One of the radio broadcasts. It's mentioned that she was last seen fleeing Polaris with Max Apogee.

She's also mentioned in the comic, albeit not by name. The comic's villain is tormenting Talwyn, telling her that Max abandoned her to save a Lombax he hardly knew.
---
"Ahhh...... You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow."
#10Toxic_MammalPosted 12/12/2012 4:57:56 PM
OniLink96 posted...
One of the radio broadcasts. It's mentioned that she was last seen fleeing Polaris with Max Apogee.

She's also mentioned in the comic, albeit not by name. The comic's villain is tormenting Talwyn, telling her that Max abandoned her to save a Lombax he hardly knew.

Ah ok, makes sense. I thought she was retconned lol.
---