The original Ratchet and Clank formula

#1its_mattPosted 12/2/2012 1:53:40 AM
So no sign of any more actual games in the original form. Anyone read anything to confirm the developers are done with the formula that made the series popular?
#2blueninjamanPosted 12/2/2012 2:25:44 AM
I havent, But i hope they do go back to the original adventure/platformer style, A4O just sucked so much because the story had to conform to being able to play all 4 character at any time, and honestly, Nefarious is much better as a Villian then a Hero

FFA, Though i liked it, It was way too short, and the Story was barely there at all (there was what, 3 FMVs? 4?)
---
"Now, let us crush something soft and watch it fountain blood. That is a girlish thing to want to do, yes?" -Shale from Dragon Age: Origins
#3its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 2:34:42 AM
The whole space adventure thing works really well, aside from the miss judged clank bits I felt A Crack in Time nailed the formula they just needed to drop the clank section and make the main game a bit bigger. But the developers decide to leave it at that. Maybe A Crack in Time sold badly?
#4danh957Posted 12/2/2012 8:10:31 AM
insomniac games are working on a different game currently, maybe we will see another original r&c game after :)
#5alienfreaks04Posted 12/2/2012 8:48:36 AM
They probably have a small team on the side working on these spinoffs to hold us over for the next full game.
They know (and we should, too) that these are just fun side games. People take it too seriously when spinoffs come out. They ARE working on another game.
---
My signature is better than yours.
#6GamerSlyRatchetPosted 12/2/2012 11:13:09 AM
its_matt posted...
they just needed to drop the clank section and make the main game a bit bigger

What?

The Clank sections were the biggest highlight of ACiT. It was one of the few times I actually ENJOYED playing as him.
---
ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD !!!!
#7its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 11:51:56 AM
GamerSlyRatchet posted...
its_matt posted...

What?

The Clank sections were the biggest highlight of ACiT. It was one of the few times I actually ENJOYED playing as him.

I can't think of any of the clank sections that compared well to the main game, just kind of rush through them to get to the main game. Makers of a Crack in Time must have understood some people feel that way they let you skip the annoying time travel puzzles on New Game +
#8alienfreaks04Posted 12/2/2012 1:28:06 PM
its_matt posted...
its_matt posted...

What?

I can't think of any of the clank sections that compared well to the main game, just kind of rush through them to get to the main game. Makers of a Crack in Time must have understood some people feel that way they let you skip the annoying time travel puzzles on New Game +

I think they let you skip them because, if you figured it out once, you don't need to do it again.
---
My signature is better than yours.
#9Rodni_DementalPosted 12/2/2012 8:15:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Sir WillPosted 12/11/2012 7:12:49 AM
its_matt posted...
its_matt posted...

What?

While I prefer the code gameplay overall, the Clank sections in ACiT were quite fun and a nice distraction. Other Clank sections have not been as successful to me though.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'