GrummelNet Plasma Harvester on solo mode is a pain!

#1SpumaPosted 12/9/2012 11:02:18 AM
I keep on dying when the countdown is at 90%. Turrets are almost useless, barriers and mines do a little help when in the last waves I have to face dozens of enemies and a ship. It's me or it's too much for a single player? I also can't find help online and no friends of mine likes this game... should I give up?
---
PSN ID: Dave_Cozmo
XBL GT: Dave Cozmo
#2victor992Posted 12/9/2012 11:15:41 AM
Hang in there. Throw groovitrons and focus on repairing the generators.
---
I'll figure something out as to what to put here.
#3RocketJessPosted 12/9/2012 2:45:02 PM
The bolt crates actually respawn when you fail. Or you might need to go back to the Phoenix first, but they definitely respawn. (Not so helpful if you're trying to earn medals, but if you're just trying to get through the campaign...) Blasting the enemy hordes with 20,000 bolts worth of Warmonger turrets is ever so satisfying.
---
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles
#4GamingGuru1992Posted 12/9/2012 3:04:12 PM
This level can be incredibly hard or easy depending entirely on your strategy. Here's a few tips:

-Warmonger turrets are the way to go. I know they're expensive but anything else (aside from the occassional blaster turret) just isn't going to cut it

-Try and get the best barriers possible and keep them up at all times

-Make defense your top priority, don't wander off and hope that your defences will be enough, even if you have to treck back across the map it's worth it on the long run. Remember that you can theoretically earn infinite bolts from killing enemies

-Deal with wrecking drones ASAP else they'll ruin your defences

-Use Groovitrons as much as possible, they're invaluable for slowing down enemies. Don't underestimate groovitron mines as well

-Remember that tanks take a long time to get to your base so don't prioritise them over enemies attacking you at the time

-The pyroblaster is the best weapon to use against heavy vehichles

-The buzz blades are the best weapon to use against everything else

-Learn the map so you can quickly get to the best weapons and bolt stashes

-Go back and level up your weapons if you need to

-Decoys make decent turrets
---
PSN: GamingGuru1992
(UK gamer)
#5victor992Posted 12/9/2012 4:34:42 PM
I'm at the end of the next levelů 4 ships and 2 tanks. Unbelievable.
---
I'll figure something out as to what to put here.
#6Spuma(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 4:46:12 AM
Thank you for the hints. The problem is I have just three reactors left when I restart and at the end of the waves I just don't have enough money to build barriers and other stuff. I also don't have all the weapons and run out of ammo fast. I end up with so many enemies in the base I can barely move. Oh well, I'll try again.
---
#7Cvdf3Posted 12/10/2012 8:57:17 AM(edited)
I literally put nothing down but the rocket turrets (had about 7 on each side) plus a shield; and watched them handle everything but tanks without me.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#8True_ZeosPosted 12/10/2012 9:42:28 AM
Spuma posted...
Thank you for the hints. The problem is I have just three reactors left when I restart and at the end of the waves I just don't have enough money to build barriers and other stuff. I also don't have all the weapons and run out of ammo fast. I end up with so many enemies in the base I can barely move. Oh well, I'll try again.

Yeah that level took me quite a few tries my first time. I would go back and replay the 1 and 2 levels to level up most-if not all your weapons.
Only other tip I can think to add that I used against tougher foes is to always have Mr Zurkon out and to spread out all your dopplebangers when you can.
---
Currently obsessed with: Ratchet and Clank Collection, DMC Collection, and One Piece. PSN: ZzeosS
#9Spuma(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 11:19:05 AM
I restarted and collected more cash to buy barriers and turrets. I also took the buzz blades instead of the laser gun and I did it. It was not easy, but not that hard. Too bad I missed one turret and the time score for a couple of minutes. Thank you again guys.
---