Anyone else afraid to play a ranked match because of modded players?

#1deadbkPosted 12/9/2012 9:15:39 PM
Every time I've tried to play a ranked match, I go up against a modded player. For instance, one player I drained completely of their life,their bar was completely red. Yet, after my Dopplebanger, Zurkon and Sonic Eruptor sunk their teeth into them, they were still standing. I put so much ammo into them, direct hits, and they would not die.
In another match, no weapon nodes were claimed yet, not even 15 seconds into the match, my opponent came at me with a Warmonger.
And in another match, during the assault stage, they were able to claim weapon nodes. During THE ASSAULT STAGE.
It depresses me, so much. This would be such a FUN game to play online. And people have to ruin it by cheating. What's the point of bragging that you're Lombax Rank if you didn't actually EARN it? It's like using white out to solve a maze off the back of a cereal box. What's the point of doing it, if you have no challenge?
---
Myspace.com/DeadBurgerKing | Xbox Live=deadburgerking | Twitter=@DeadBurgerKing | Facebook.com/DeadBurgerKing |I'm The DeadBurgerKing! In case you didn't know!
#2Zenzo96Posted 12/10/2012 2:05:20 PM
There aren't modded players, you are experiencing extreme lag because of a poor connection to the other player.
---
PSN: Zenzo95 XBL: XxRoxas1396xX
#3Zenzo96Posted 12/10/2012 2:08:01 PM
And if there are, I haven't seen any yet.
---
#4CJL13Posted 12/11/2012 5:00:03 PM
Did you read the topic? They were doing things in certain modes that would be impossible in that mode.
---
your mother is so old, she's older than you!
#5Zenzo96Posted 12/11/2012 5:56:20 PM
CJL13 posted...
Did you read the topic? They were doing things in certain modes that would be impossible in that mode.

Yes, and I believe him. That was when I first skimmed through it.
---
#6True_ZeosPosted 12/12/2012 12:45:04 AM
An unfortunate certainty with online games...poor souls who have no life and nothing to make them stand out in normal society. So they dedicate themselves to games, and develop ways to mod them so that they can boost their stats making them look awesome to the untrained-eye. Modding and wrecking fun for other players also boosts their self-esteem and plays into there already large egos.

It's a sad state of affairs...but it is understandable given today's society in which those who deviate from what's "normal and acceptable" have to reach out in their own ways in online communities to just feel like a part of something, or to feel like a god maybe. Heh, that was a fun little rant-message for me, sorry.
---
Currently obsessed with: Ratchet and Clank Collection, DMC Collection, and One Piece. PSN: ZzeosS
#7deadbk(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 12:13:27 AM
It just really sucks. I ended up shelving this game with my other completed game. It was depressing, because that says "I'm done." with it. And I haven't even got to enjoy the multiplayer mode. :/
---
Myspace.com/DeadBurgerKing | Xbox Live=deadburgerking | Twitter=@DeadBurgerKing | Facebook.com/DeadBurgerKing |I'm The DeadBurgerKing! In case you didn't know!