Most annoying final boss ever?

#1TanukitsunePosted 12/19/2012 8:32:33 AM
As if the character was annoying enough, which I'm sure was done intentionally, the final battle with him was the most annoying battle in the whole series and I'm played the rhythm parts in Agent Clank's boss!

It combined the two things I hate most in bosses, a timed fight and shields. Well, I don't hate shielded bosses that much, but when the boss is constantly jumps around activating time bombs.

Frankly, the boss is actually easy, but with it's constant annoyances it tries to make you think you can lose.

It's probably the only tower defense game I've beaten, only due to the fact it has check points, but I'm really bummed out that I didn't get anything for having saves from the other Ratchet games and having no RYNO was the worst.
#2mjc0961Posted 12/19/2012 1:34:18 PM
The entirety of Secret Agent Clank, which is so bad I can't believe I just acknowledged it as a Ratchet and Clank game, is easily more annoying than this final boss. This final boss is mildly annoying at best. There are more annoying parts in the other levels of the game than the final boss.

Also, this game gets points for having a boss that's actually a boss instead of a bunch of quick time events in a cutscene. Or in SAC's case, QTE's followed by fighting something other than the final boss repeated 5 or 6 completely dull times with some DDR thrown in.

Honestly, I don't know how you can cal this boss the most annoying AND mention Secret Agent Clank in the same post. Secret Agent Clank easily has the worst final boss of the entire Ratchet and Clank franchise because it's so annoying.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#3Tanukitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 1:10:26 AM
It's probably because I hate timers more than you hate QTEs?
#4TRIAZlCPosted 12/20/2012 4:11:49 PM
My friend and I in co-op just stunlocked the f*** out of him.

Groovitron, 2 Zurkons, 6 Thundersmacks, and the Pyro Blaster (actually does immense damage against the major units). He barely moved until the fight changes to the platforms bit.

He managed to set one bomb I think, and when we was trying that one we broke the animation and locked him in place for a while on the bomb site lol.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MySonsMusic - my band, check us out. (I play drums, synth and backing vox).
PSN= Triazic
#5Nemesis895Posted 1/3/2013 11:28:14 AM
I soloed him on my first try, and I had more difficulty with the bombs than I did with the boss.
Mr Zurkon , a few decoys, and some of those dance things did most of the work.
#6W_RPosted 1/23/2013 7:28:17 PM(edited)
use the groovitron. I got the dev time on my first attempt. Easiest boss ever.
#7MASterBLAderPosted 2/11/2013 12:56:39 AM
I just used Buzz Blades or the combuster and I was able to get the job done with Dev. time beaten.

The only thing that makes him a threat is when he sets the bomb, and if you can't weaken him fast enough, then you have to focus on the bomb and trying to disarm it while he constantly hits you. Granted that if you maxed your weapons, getting him down to the final part of the fight should be simple enough. Also it doesn't help that you can avoid his missiles during the last part by simply standing on the ramp.
---
GT: TheMASterBlader-- Fight with Honor...
#8Cvdf3Posted 2/14/2013 11:51:27 PM
Maybe, but it's insanely easy so I can't complain too much.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.