How many weapons does this game have and is there first person?

#1almightybob14Posted 1/16/2013 9:29:30 AM
I'm ridiculously addicted to Up your Arsenal and I'm considering getting this game. However, I understand that UyA is the high point of the series but does FFA even come close to it? Also, how many weapons does this game have? Like I said, I'm used to UyA which has 25. Also, is there a first person option like UyA?
---
http://i.qkme.me/355wzv.jpg
#2Pics_nao_plzPosted 1/16/2013 1:10:25 PM
Wiki is telling me 11. Pretty sure you can only have 10 though
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/646/that1blackid.png
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Pics_nao_plz.png
#3KunichiMinaminoPosted 1/21/2013 10:40:05 AM
Not sure how many weapons, I'd say half of what UYA had. Enough to full one quick select screen. That's it.

Also, no first person mode that I'm aware of. This really doesn't come close to feeling like a real ratchet. One one level kind of feels old school and that is the final level, and it's concluded with a nice boss battle structured similar to the old games. This game has tower defense elements, and it's kidna similar to the ranger missions in the past games, if you liked those. Other then that...it's kind of meh. Short but longer then QfB.

One of my big gripes is that they recycle the levels a lot, and just change the weather and layout slightly. That does not make me happy.
---
Use the rock to break the glass to get the wrench to break the glass to get the rock.
psn ID is my username, feel free to add me! :)
#4W_RPosted 1/23/2013 7:25:11 PM
KunichiMinamino posted...
Not sure how many weapons, I'd say half of what UYA had. Enough to full one quick select screen. That's it.

It's more than that.
#5KunichiMinaminoPosted 1/24/2013 5:39:33 PM
W_R posted...

It's more than that.

oh yeah. you're right. However it's not much more than that. I should have said that in each level you can only get up to enough weapons to fill your quick select screen. But the collection of weapons and leveling them up is cumulative.
---
Use the rock to break the glass to get the wrench to break the glass to get the rock.
psn ID is my username, feel free to add me! :)
#6OniLink96Posted 2/4/2013 7:42:02 PM
One of my big gripes is that they recycle the levels a lot, and just change the weather and layout slightly. That does not make me happy.

You revisit one level once. One time. That's it. Unless you're referring to multiplayer, which I can't comment on.
---
We need Dinozord power, now!!
#7Sephiroth C RyuPosted 2/17/2013 3:18:49 PM

Also, no first person mode that I'm aware of. This really doesn't come close to feeling like a real ratchet. One one level kind of feels old school and that is the final level, and it's concluded with a nice boss battle structured similar to the old games. This game has tower defense elements, and it's kidna similar to the ranger missions in the past games, if you liked those. Other then that...it's kind of meh. Short but longer then QfB.

Indeed, level design and goals and such are definitely not really "Ratchet and Clank" at all. Still, its not a bad game for something they basically came up with as a multiplayer concept.

And as far as weapons go, I actually do like it. Some of the more recent entries to the R&C series suffered from low power weapon syndrome. By which I mean that there just weren't too many guns that actually felt that strong. The last couple games tended to short-range-heavy in the total selection, as well as somewhat lacking on major explosive or decent multi-target weapons.

This game does do that much well enough at least. A number of the weapons really do feel quite potent again.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!