The Next Ratchet & Clank Game

#1Mr_AJPosted 2/5/2013 5:52:59 PM
Current rumours is that various developers are working on new games for the PS4 (possibly it'll be called something else), now if we assume (not always the best thing to do) that Insomniac starting working on a new full lenght R&C game following A4O they'd be developing it for the PS4.
The big issue would be will Insomniac continue experimenting with different game types for the franchise or perhaps, like the first PS3 title, attempt to return to the series' roots.
#2KenauePosted 2/7/2013 12:33:07 PM
Mr_AJ posted...
Current rumours is that various developers are working on new games for the PS4 (possibly it'll be called something else), now if we assume (not always the best thing to do) that Insomniac starting working on a new full lenght R&C game following A4O they'd be developing it for the PS4.
The big issue would be will Insomniac continue experimenting with different game types for the franchise or perhaps, like the first PS3 title, attempt to return to the series' roots.

If they're making one for the PS4, I'd expect it to be a traditional type title, but nothing would surprise me.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#3AznEDPosted 2/9/2013 8:08:54 PM(edited)
Nothing would surprise me either. Crack in Time ended on a good note though. I should probably start reading the comics...
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
#4KenauePosted 2/10/2013 8:18:23 AM
AznED posted...
Nothing would surprise me either. Crack in Time ended on a good note though. I should probably start reading the comics...

The comics are surprisingly good. That said, the Ratchet universe has a lot of places it could go. Even those side games open up some main game potential with story direction.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
PSN: Lord_CBH / Live: LordCBH
#5ratchet freakPosted 2/10/2013 12:16:42 PM
yeah I got to not the only one to notice the parallel between zurgo's defeat and nefarious' first defeat at the hand of Qwark, roboZurgo here we come
---
getting a gun is fun, getting five guns is funner, don't make fun of me cause I have a gun, don't make funner of me cause I have five guns": strangecity
#6Mr_AJ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:56:11 PM
Another thing to consider might be the future of Dr Nefarious considering how he was when we last saw him.
#7OniLink96Posted 2/17/2013 9:22:50 PM
I'd rather Nefarious didn't end up becoming a hero. Even a reluctant one.

Qwark's progression from secondary antagonist to secondary hero felt much more natural than Nefarious being pigeonholed into being a hero because he spent a few days with three of his most hated adversaries.

Personally I'd like to see the ideas they were planning to explore in Ratchet & Clank: NEXUS to come back. I wouldn't want NEXUS to take itself any more seriously than the Future Saga did, but I liked the whole planet-wide war thing. I'd like more games to confine us to a single planet, as it gives us a more meaningful look at the planet. I think we know more about Magnus that we do about any other planet in the R&C universe, and I liked that. Not even planets that we've been to a multitude of times have taken any measure to explore the history of the world. We should know more about Kerwan and Metropolis by now.

Maybe Ratchet & Clank could afford to take some cues from the Metroid series, eh?

Also, for those who don't know what NEXUS is... http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Ratchet_%26_Clank:_NEXUS
---
We need Dinozord power, now!!
#8Mr_AJ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 5:32:48 PM
Insomnica didn't make a presentation at the PS4 reveal, though this probably doesn't mean a thing. There's probably a lot more PS4 titles in development that will be revealed throughout the year. E3 probably the next one.