Looks another Castlevania game with lots of silence instead of music

#81knightmere122Posted 12/7/2012 3:24:57 PM
The music in LoS sucks and is a slap in the face to the true Castlevania fans.
---
Cincinnati Sports and Buckeye Fan 4 Life
#82wrmoaactyronePosted 12/7/2012 5:32:27 PM
knightmere122 posted...

go back to castlevania dungeon with the rest of the children

"true castlevania fans" what a joker.
#83Shuo_RagnarokPosted 12/7/2012 5:39:31 PM
knightmere122 posted...

"True' Castlevania fans? What nonsense are you bringing up?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#84BlackPhoenix127Posted 12/7/2012 6:00:05 PM
Just play Guile's theme in the background. It goes with everything!
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#85Virtue777Posted 12/8/2012 10:45:15 AM
Well let's be fair. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow didn't exactly go out of its way to stay true to the series. And there's nothing wrong with that, as Symphony of the Night didn't either. The problem I have with Lords of Shadow is that it is, in my opinion, a legitimately mediocre game. It does nothing to stand out in the crowd of action-adventure titles. It is perhaps one of the most forgettable games I have ever played. I bought it the day it released (as I do every Castlevania game since Lament of Innocence). All I remember about Lords of Shadow is: glitches and Patrick Stewart. And yes, I did play through the entire game.

Everything Castlevania: Lords of Shadow does, another game does better. And upon release, the Xbox 360 version was a glitchy mess for me. I was falling through the world, getting stuck in terrain and dealing with frustrating unresponsive combat at times. I don't think other people had as many issues as I did, and no, it wasn't my console as I have well over 50 Xbox 360 games that work just fine. Maybe they've patched the game since then to fix the problems.

I think Mirror of Fate has potential. The action-adventure 3DS market isn't quite as saturated as its Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts. For that alone, it will likely stand out. Lords of Shadow had to compete with DMC4, Bayonetta, God of War and a host of other action-adventure games, most of which were (from my experience) better than Lords of Shadow.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#86GeminiEntityPosted 12/8/2012 1:07:47 PM

*shakes head*
---
Rock You
---
#87Shuo_RagnarokPosted 12/8/2012 9:08:57 PM
Virtue777 posted...
Well let's be fair. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow didn't exactly go out of its way to stay true to the series. And there's nothing wrong with that, as Symphony of the Night didn't either. The problem I have with Lords of Shadow is that it is, in my opinion, a legitimately mediocre game. It does nothing to stand out in the crowd of action-adventure titles. It is perhaps one of the most forgettable games I have ever played. I bought it the day it released (as I do every Castlevania game since Lament of Innocence). All I remember about Lords of Shadow is: glitches and Patrick Stewart. And yes, I did play through the entire game.

Everything Castlevania: Lords of Shadow does, another game does better. And upon release, the Xbox 360 version was a glitchy mess for me. I was falling through the world, getting stuck in terrain and dealing with frustrating unresponsive combat at times. I don't think other people had as many issues as I did, and no, it wasn't my console as I have well over 50 Xbox 360 games that work just fine. Maybe they've patched the game since then to fix the problems.

I think Mirror of Fate has potential. The action-adventure 3DS market isn't quite as saturated as its Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts. For that alone, it will likely stand out. Lords of Shadow had to compete with DMC4, Bayonetta, God of War and a host of other action-adventure games, most of which were (from my experience) better than Lords of Shadow.

I actually have to say I prefer Lord of Shadows combat system over God of War, DMC4, or Bayonetta. Personally I found it to be one of the most fluid and fun combat systems I've every played. There was alot of variety in your attacks, and there were many ways you could link and combo moves together. It really let you get creative with the way you fought enemies.

As far as the game itself, I tried to look at it for what it was. There were two major gripes I had with the game that really watered down the experience for me: The repetitive soundtrack, and the overabundance of puzzles. I really don't like hearing the same music tracks in any game for multiple areas or events except boss fights (if they're well done). Most, if not all, of the music in LOS had very little staying power. It was all stuff that worked well in the moments they were presented, but the themes never really stood out in general. As for the puzzles, I don't think I have to get into detail how bothersome it was to have to solve one or more puzzles in almost every level you went through.

That said, my hopes ride on Mirror of Fate to make this series interesting to me, as so far the game seems to be a breath of fresh air. I'm not really expecting much out of LOS2, but I'll wait and see what happens rather than dive in on an impulse, much like I did with the first game.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#88kirusuPosted 12/9/2012 10:08:29 AM
knightmere122 posted...

lol its like 3 true castlevania fans. the fanboys of metroidvania, lords of shadow, and the ones who dont give a damn about either and just want kickass music. yeah the music to it didnt fit castlevania so which "true" fan are you?
---
i never laughed soo much in my life