Do I need to play the other LOS games to enjoy this?

#1Si1entGPosted 3/13/2013 1:06:48 AM
I noticed this one looks similar to the Metroidvania style of games and interested in picking it up. I haven't played any of the console titles in this series though. so I'm just wondering if I will be missing out on anything important.
---
This topic is now about Din's Fire.
#2sockesockePosted 3/13/2013 1:20:40 AM
it spoils the ending of lords of shadow so yes it would be better if you played that one first.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#3FreakingPooPosted 3/13/2013 3:05:26 AM
imo not really...

just because it "spoils" the end of the other game doesnt mean you have to play it so you can enjoy this one much...
#4Big_IsaacPosted 3/13/2013 3:31:48 AM
the guy you play as in LoS is the current Dracula now. that's really all the backstory you need.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#5sniffyPosted 3/13/2013 7:37:49 AM
Nope, you don't need to have played LOS, it helps though if you've never played any Castlevania games.
---
some girls are bigger than others, and some girls' mothers are bigger than other girls' mothers...
#6Mr StickPosted 3/13/2013 11:57:36 PM
You don't really need to play Lords of Shadow to enjoy Mirror of Fate, but you won't understand the importance of Gabriel or who Zobek is when he's mentioned without having played it. This game spoils the ending of Lords of Shadow, but it would still be cool to play LoS after and be like OH MAN, SO THIS IS HOW THAT HAPPENED.

It adds to the story, since you'll pick up on things, and it will help make it make more sense since this is an entirely different timeline from the other Castlevanias, but if you never played Castlevania, that part won't matter anyway.

Nope, you don't need to have played LOS, it helps though if you've never played any Castlevania games.

I've played all of them except a small handful. Enjoying the hell out of this. :|
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491