Do you think it'll have voice acting?

#1Strain42Posted 6/7/2012 5:18:15 PM
Overclocked and Soul Hackers are both fully voiced (so they say on SH)

Do you think there's a good chance this game will follow suit? Also, wouldn't that be a first for the SMT series?
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#2NeoSamuelPosted 6/7/2012 5:50:17 PM
It could be, but I would rather Atlus use the space voice acting would take on the world and demons in the game. Ultimatly I am sure they have already made that choice though.
---
Im Black Mage. I cast spells that make people fall down.
#3MetalLokiPosted 6/7/2012 6:03:09 PM
I don't know, how would have SMT3 been with va?
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#4lujzbPosted 6/7/2012 6:04:59 PM
Why wouldn't it have voice acting?
#5legisu86Posted 6/7/2012 7:42:53 PM
I still see voice acting in games as a risky thing. Of course, there's tons of good VAs out there, but when the company mess up with the voices it ruins a lot of the experience to me. It could please everyone if they made available the option to keep the original japanese voice acting or turning off the voices.
---
My three major game trauma: Shenmue, Xenogears and Xenosaga
I'm a badass reporter!!
#6gtomangaPosted 6/7/2012 8:18:39 PM
lujzb posted...
Why wouldn't it have voice acting?

becase it will be as anoying as the tales of and naruto VA
devil survivor VA looked like a happy go lucky shanon anime knock off
---
YS,megaman,shin megami tensei,growlancer,sonic,spider-man,batman,sly cooper FAN
#7SoulBreaker5309Posted 6/7/2012 8:23:00 PM
NeoSamuel posted...
It could be, but I would rather Atlus use the space voice acting would take on the world and demons in the game.

I agree, and I felt that Nocturne and SJ were completely fine without full-on voice acting. In fact, the lack of voice acting could also potentially alleviate delays in localization time, since redubbing would logically take quite a bit of time.

We'll just have to wait and see what they do with that.
---
People seem to be confusing Hardcore with Mainstream.
Tempus fugit.
#8Lelouch71Posted 6/7/2012 8:56:32 PM
I think it's quite likely. Nocturne came out when VA wasn't completely mainstream and not many DS games had VA so that's why SJ and both Devil Survivors (not counting Overclocked) didn't get any. I hope there are voices for the human characters and some of the demons.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
#9MetalLokiPosted 6/7/2012 9:16:15 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
I think it's quite likely. Nocturne came out when VA wasn't completely mainstream and not many DS games had VA so that's why SJ and both Devil Survivors (not counting Overclocked) didn't get any. I hope there are voices for the human characters and some of the demons.

With JYB being one of the VA right? He was in DeSu:O for no reason .
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#10MoranitePosted 6/7/2012 11:56:34 PM
I don't see it.
---
"THE PROTAGONIST IN ME!"
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Moranite