Well this has me hopeful...

#1Strain42Posted 8/3/2012 12:00:27 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/03/shin-megami-tensei-iv-art-directors-comments-on-the-games-chaotic-world/

Ishida also said compared to their other titles, the feeling of surviving and wandering in a chaotic world has been improved 200%. I take this as Shin Megami Tensei IV will be even more desolate than Nocturne and Strange Journey combined.

Do you think it'll still use first person dungeons? (I don't mind them, but I just can't feel immersed by a first person dungeon)

Either way, they're making it sound almost like IV will have some interesting atmospheres. I'm really intrigued by this now.

Here's hoping that first trailer they're giving us at the end of the month will actually show off some gameplay.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#2ZendaikPosted 8/3/2012 12:35:25 PM
Why do you need to be hopeful? We all know the game'll be awesome :P

Anyway, they said that SMT4 will be the next evolution of the series, so since Nocturne was third person and 3D, I'm going to assume this one will be too.

Also you forgot this part of the article:

"Eiji Ishida, the art director from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey is working on Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Atlus updated the official site with a note from Ishida saying they’ve hit their stride with development and they’re working on improving the 3D depth of the world."
---
Monster Hunter Tri ID: Kirolos
#3Jati_no_ReiPosted 8/3/2012 1:28:06 PM
yeah, it's gonna be SO AWESOME!
---
Playing: Gungnir & Unchained Blades
Cannot Wait For: 3DS XL w/Soul Hackers, SMT 4 & EO 4 (& season 7 of Doctor Who!)
#4DynamicJumpIuffPosted 8/3/2012 4:55:31 PM
GETTING HYPE.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#5Strain42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 5:41:58 PM
I dunno, in my case I feel like I kinda do need to be hopeful lol

Nocturne is my least favorite MegaTen game, and Strange Journey I just thought was "pretty alright." so maybe I have to admit that the SMT series hasn't proven itself to be my cup of tea.

But I am still interested in this title and I wanna see what it brings to the table
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#6ZendaikPosted 8/3/2012 7:05:20 PM
Strain42 posted...
I dunno, in my case I feel like I kinda do need to be hopeful lol

Nocturne is my least favorite MegaTen game, and Strange Journey I just thought was "pretty alright." so maybe I have to admit that the SMT series hasn't proven itself to be my cup of tea.

But I am still interested in this title and I wanna see what it brings to the table

If Nocturne is your least favorite then I don't think you should expect that much out of this one :x Though I could be wrong depending on what you didn't like about Nocturne.
---
Monster Hunter Tri ID: Kirolos
#7MetalLokiPosted 8/3/2012 7:32:38 PM
1st person is fine but I would like 3rd person » 3d models like Nocturne.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#8AngelVanishedPosted 8/3/2012 8:48:01 PM
I think making it optional in Nocturne (first person, that is) was brilliant. Here's hoping they continue that trend, albeit hopefully minus the NG+ restriction.
---
The official Anat of the Shin Megami Tensei IV forums.
#9joltcolapwnzPosted 8/3/2012 10:13:14 PM
I just hope that this game brings back many old school staples to the series like Strange Journey did and that they retained a bunch of the cyberpunk themes, keep the dual-weapon system, and overall, not make the game simply "Nocturne 2".
#10Lelouch71Posted 8/4/2012 9:49:52 AM
I hope it is in third person as well, but have the option of making it first person for those fans. I don't mind first person dungeon crawling but I like playing in third person more.
---
"The best in the world"