Weapons and 3d models.

#1MetalLokiPosted 8/7/2012 6:01:58 PM
So on the off chance that this game uses 3d model for the game and has a mc that uses gun/sword combo I would greatly want the changes to the weapon to be seen(like DQ9).

In SJ we get a lot of different weapon but don't get to see what they look like(granted we can make them out due to their
description), Noctures uses 3d model but they gave the mc powers so we don't need weapons which is fine. The thing is what if we get both?(3d model+weapons). Would we get say a rifle as the default gun and have it stay a rifle even if the description of a diffrent gun calls it a shotgun(there was a shotgun in SJ). This is just something of a pet peeve of mines but I would really like to see the weapon I have made equipped to myself.

All in all this is just me ranting but what do you guys think.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official tsundere fan of the NDF
#2AngelVanishedPosted 8/7/2012 7:17:59 PM
I agree wholeheartedly.

I really wanted to see SJMC wield the Pest Crop ;_;
---
The official Anat of the Shin Megami Tensei IV forums.
#3XMonkeySniperXPosted 8/7/2012 9:46:47 PM
Typically in JRPGs the only thing that changes is the weapon when you swap equipment around, so I doubt Atlus would be too lazy to change weapon models around.
---
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"
#4LightHawKnightPosted 8/7/2012 11:46:47 PM
It would be interesting. Like most other RPGs, where weapons are shown. I wonder if Atlus will look more like Tales of Games and add costumes.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
Me and polite have never been on close terms.
#5Burner101Posted 8/8/2012 6:32:36 AM
So let me get this straight.

You want the battles to LOOK like the ones from Nocturne with slightly still 3D models, but the battle style (I really had no idea what to call this) to be that of the first two SMT games with swords and guns for the human characters, AND have them not only be visible but also have each different weapon have a different appearance?

You sir, have thought of the best thing ever.
---
Seeing as how Jojo characters are powered by FABULOUS I don't see why they should have to obey the laws of physics. - Kaiser Mazoku
#6ZendaikPosted 8/8/2012 6:42:15 AM(edited)
A lot of RPGs show off the weapon models so this probably isn't that much to ask for really. It's only rare for RPGs to show off new models for the rest of your equipment too. I don't think that's likely in this game. Maybe costumes like in Persona 3/4 but since this is a core SMT game and not one that goes for fanservice like Persona I don't know if that's likely either.
---
Monster Hunter Tri ID: Kirolos
#7_Matt_Engarde_Posted 8/8/2012 7:01:55 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
It would be interesting. Like most other RPGs, where weapons are shown. I wonder if Atlus will look more like Tales of Games and add costumes.

I love me my Tales, but I want SMT as far as it can be from that series...
---
The official Metatron of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and the official Matt Engarde of every board.
What is a troll? A miserable little pile of secrets!
#8MetalLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2012 8:14:31 AM
LightHawKnight posted...

Well costumes changes is a bit to much, who would need more them 1 outfit during the end of the world?
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official tsundere fan of the NDF
#9LightHawKnightPosted 8/8/2012 8:55:43 AM
_Matt_Engarde_ posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

I love me my Tales, but I want SMT as far as it can be from that series...

Hey, it has the grade shop.

MetalLoki posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

Well costumes changes is a bit to much, who would need more them 1 outfit during the end of the world?

People who find extras?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
Me and polite have never been on close terms.
#10Valorous_RolandPosted 8/8/2012 8:55:50 AM
In Nocturne you got an alternate costume...

...For ten minutes if you already beat the game once.