Uncut Trailer

#31kakashik99992Posted 10/5/2012 1:56:25 PM
Finally I really need to find time to learn japanese can't wait for a translation of the unknown parts. The new site looks great too and the music honestly to me seems the best one so far loving it so far
#32Pandora012Posted 10/5/2012 3:15:37 PM
Damn I'm going to need to buy a 3DS. Guess I have at least a year or so till it comes state side.
#33Tales_of_MasterPosted 10/5/2012 3:48:30 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Lighter approach?

If you implying that anime are kiddy then I have to disagree. Not all animes are like your typical shonens. There are seinen that have anime designs but have mature stories.

Yeah, compared to Kaneko's Gothic style, this looks more in line with what you would expect from an Anime. It's defiantly a lighter approach compared to the old style. I personally think that the character design is a little bit off when compared to the overworld and the enemies, but it's nothing major.
---
Official Masakado of the SMT IV boards...
Waiting for: Persona 4: Golden, DS: Soul Hackers, SMTIV, JJBA All-Stars Battle, Injustice GAU, Ace Attorney 5.
#34Nickcool1996Posted 10/5/2012 3:57:46 PM
I must admit I was put off by most old anime because it looked so ******* serious and real.

Most. Designs like Nocturne and Strange Journey made me feel as though stuff like this could happen for real.

Unless the plot is spectacular (which it will be xD), some of the realism will be decreased for me. Not complaining, but that's how I see things. Like how in Devil Survivor I always felt that there was a way out of the moment no matter what happened, but I always just felt...sad during most of the game in SJ and Nocturne.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#35heartlessprinnyPosted 10/5/2012 3:59:55 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...
I must admit I was put off by most old anime because it looked so ******* serious and real.

Most. Designs like Nocturne and Strange Journey made me feel as though stuff like this could happen for real.

Unless the plot is spectacular (which it will be xD), some of the realism will be decreased for me. Not complaining, but that's how I see things. Like how in Devil Survivor I always felt that there was a way out of the moment no matter what happened, but I always just felt...sad during most of the game in SJ and Nocturne.

Well to be fair, there was a lot more adding to the somber tone of those games than the character art style.
#36Nickcool1996Posted 10/5/2012 6:02:14 PM
heartlessprinny posted...
Nickcool1996 posted...

Well to be fair, there was a lot more adding to the somber tone of those games than the character art style.

Pretty true. The demon with armor shown in the trailer annoys me though. The demon in an earlier screenshot looked awesome in comparison however o-o
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#37dam4rusPosted 10/5/2012 6:51:51 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...

Maybe it has something do to with the fact, that in SJ and Nocturne you were alone for the 90% of the game. Your best friends were demons, not humans. In DeSu there were a lot of people around, so it's just human nature. Humans feel safer, when they have another human as company and become depressed, when they are alone. I don't think it has anything to do with the art style.

Sure, Kaneko is on an another level, but Doi's artwork are pretty great compared to other anime artists (the MC is bad*ss). It's not so horrible as was the change from Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow.
#38Neverwinter27Posted 10/7/2012 5:58:08 AM
anyone know what the name of the theme song in this trailer is? link?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJTdNA-Btig
#39Cheesepower5Posted 10/7/2012 6:08:27 AM
Neverwinter27 posted...
anyone know what the name of the theme song in this trailer is? link?

I'm pretty sure it's the game's intro song. If you use the search bar try something like "website update + music track" and there should be a thread with the download link.
---
Official Izanagi of the SMT IV board.
#40ItemBreakPosted 10/7/2012 7:33:59 AM
Trailer looks sweet. I can't believe I'm actually excited for an SMT game.