Why is this on a handheld and not the PS3

#121Gatchan2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 8:42:10 PM(edited)
Scion_Machina posted...
Hey Gatchan,how does it feel to have not a single friend in the world to make your pitiful existence seem that less painful?

I wouldn't know because BlueSophia, Metal_loki and you are my friends

---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#122Gatchan2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 8:51:17 PM
BlueSophia posted...
U mad? Oh u mad....

Also don't call me names I never called you names

Oh the hypocrisy.

Nope there is none because I never called him names.

Persona 5
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

You can plunk this down as a given not because of the system, but because the name alone sells them games. You can put them on any system and they will still make money.

okie

Ni No Kuni
This was a DS game long before it hit the PS3... Just like tales of Innocence! Not an exclusive so much as a remake, sugah.

Different game

Demon's Souls
This isn't a JRPG. This is a WRPG made by a Japanese company to appeal directly to the people who bought the system. For a game that sold 800K copies stateside, it shows how the genre by itself could sell games.

Japanese RPG

Valkyria Chronicles
Moderate success, except for one thing. Action and Shooter elements in a tactical setting. This isn't an RPG, this is just game with RPG elements.

Just as much as an RPG as Resonance of Fate is

Yakuza 3,4,5
These are more of a GTA variant than an RPG. Seriously, this is not even an example. It didn't even do well Stateside either!

Sales =/= quality Plus yes it is an RPG as there are random battles, stat upgrades, dialogue choices and loot (the bad guys often pay you or give you items when you win. There are no random battles in GTA.

Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
A dungeon crawler! Ole. Now to check... sales? unimpressive thus far but who knows what a few months later will provide.

once again sales =/= quality.

You are just grasping for straws right about now. All that can be said is that if the game doesn't already have a big name behind it, it isn't going to do well on the PS3. The ones that do find a moderate level of success are those that sell its elements in areas that are known to appeal to PS3 gamers. Sorry, but if you thought that the JRPG thrived on the PS3, you are wrong.

The mentality came from the PS1 and PS2, but those were the eras where the balance of Graphics vs Gameplay could only be achieved by the Playstation era, a gap that rapidly closed after the arrival of the Gamecube and the XBox. When the handheld era finally achieved the graphical abilities that matched the PS2, there was no longer any reason to use an overpriced graphics terminal to market games anymore, was there? How many companies do you know about other than Square would actually put this much effort into how their games look when it is still menu based?

Lost Odyssey.
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#123BlueSophiaPosted 10/7/2012 11:50:04 PM
Gatchan2 posted...
Scion_Machina posted...
Hey Gatchan,how does it feel to have not a single friend in the world to make your pitiful existence seem that less painful?

If you consider that true, then your priorities need to be straightened out.

Also, sales decide everything for when and where you put your games. And as the sales have shown, the PS3 is a pretty crappy system to put a JRPG.

and you are also going to have to try harder for trolling. Lost Odyssey is not a PS3 game, and unlike many JRPGs, not only does not look like a standard JRPG, but also has more unique characters (like having guys that were not 16 years old).
---
Kuwagata! Kamakiri! Batta! Gata-Gata-Kiri-Ba! Gata-Kiri-Ba!
#124Jati_no_ReiPosted 10/8/2012 1:16:27 AM
Gatchan2 posted...

How the Hell does NIS and Gust get away with it then??

Disgaea 3
Disgaea 4
Atelier Rorona
Atelier Totori
Atelier Meruru
Atelier Ayesha
Ar Tornelico
Trinity Universe
Last Rebellion
Cross Edge
Megazone 23 Blue Garland
Clan of Champions
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk II
Hyperdimension Neptinia Victory
Mugen Souls
Legasista
The Witch and the Hundred Knights
Record of Agarest War
Record of Agarest War 2
Record of Agarest War Zero
Tears to Tiara
Tears to Tiara Gaiden

^^^^ Niche much?

You just listed basically every PS3 game I want... and some i've never heard of. But still, It's never been cost effective for me to consider, considering where and when i do my gaming.

So yeah, I'm really glad this is on 3DS.
---
Playing: PoPoLoCrois and Devil Survivor:Overclocked
Cannot Wait Soul Hackers, Fantasy Life, SMT 4, EO 4 & Rune Factory 4
#125Scion_MachinaPosted 10/8/2012 4:54:10 AM
BlueSophia posted...
Gatchan2 posted...
Scion_Machina posted...

Also, sales decide everything for when and where you put your games. And as the sales have shown, the PS3 is a pretty crappy system to put a JRPG.

and you are also going to have to try harder for trolling. Lost Odyssey is not a PS3 game, and unlike many JRPGs, not only does not look like a standard JRPG, but also has more unique characters (like having guys that were not 16 years old).

Seriously,this guy needs to shut up seeing how he keeps making himself look more and more like an ass.
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.
#126Gatchan2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 10:45:54 AM
BlueSophia posted...

uggggggh you guys with your jokes

Again, they are making sequels so if it were indeed crappy, there would not be the interest for making sequels.

Now you're just bashing JRPGs. Don't do that. Don't be a Debbie Downer....
---
#127Gatchan2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 10:47:01 AM
Scion_Machina posted...

Seriously,this guy needs to shut up seeing how he keeps making himself look more and more like an ass.

Hilarious. You me and Sophie should go out for drinks sometime
---
#128Supah1337Posted 10/8/2012 10:48:02 AM
Because I don't have PS3.
/topic
---
Currently Playing: Fez, Persona 4 arena, Megaman 9, Etrian Odyssey 3, Valkyrie Profile Len
Currently want: Etrian Odyssey 4. SO. MUCH. .. and a 3ds
#129Gatchan2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:01:44 AM
Supah1337 posted...
/topic

You want me to get you one?
---
#130UnbralPosted 10/8/2012 11:18:59 AM
Gatchan2 posted...
Supah1337 posted...
/topic

You want me to get you one?

I also don't have one. If you buy me one I would even play Hannah Montanah The Game for you.
---
Favorite anime/manga: One Piece
Favorite game: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne