Why would anyone choose Law or Chaos paths? *Series Spoilers*

#11CrisisOfFatePosted 10/15/2012 12:23:43 AM
I agree in most of the games neutral is the best,but I prefer chaos in SMT II,and law is my favorite in Devil Survivor.
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#121998_zPosted 10/15/2012 1:14:06 AM
Meh, I always pick Neutral. Law and Chaos are too extreme IMO('cept in DeSu 1, I pick Law cuz it's one of the most plausible Law ending IMO).

I always hated Chaos for reasons, and I hate it when Law was depicted as too extreme.
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 1
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards || R - Rocket Scientist
#13Fenrir_HowlsPosted 10/15/2012 6:47:42 AM
1998_z posted...
Meh, I always pick Neutral. Law and Chaos are too extreme IMO('cept in DeSu 1, I pick Law cuz it's one of the most plausible Law ending IMO).

I always hated Chaos for reasons, and I hate it when Law was depicted as too extreme.

They're both suppose to be extreme.

Even then I tend to dislike Law solely due to how arrogant it seems.
---
The Official Fenrir of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#14BlueSophiaPosted 10/15/2012 7:17:59 AM(edited)
It is easier to accept law or chaos when humanity has had darkness in their hearts and would go to any extreme to rise out of it. Humans have a history of masochism and self torture, both mentally and physically. Often times, it stems from either the belief that are laws are not the answer or the people who simply cannot live without a guiding force. Either way, law and chaos are easy alternatives. When considering the ability to choose, it is not the choice that scares most people, but the unknown to be considered. In that regard, something like law or chaos can sound great since they understand the future. For neutrality, your fate is ultimately up to you. Quite frankly, who but the idealistic can make that choice? After all, to chase the dream of the best future, you need to believe in it. And it is impossible to see a better future if you are so caught up in humanity's failures.
---
Ardha of the SMT IV board. :3
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#151998_zPosted 10/15/2012 7:36:20 AM
Fenrir_Howls posted...
1998_z posted...

They're both suppose to be extreme.

Even then I tend to dislike Law solely due to how arrogant it seems.

Then you're opposite to me. I hate Chaos because lolLucifer and it's just a huge mess.
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 1
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards || R - Rocket Scientist
#16LightHawKnightPosted 10/15/2012 9:10:31 AM
Just to see them. It is there, why ignore them? Make the game really worth the money I paid for it.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#17Lelouch71Posted 10/15/2012 9:37:32 AM
I'm a neutral person IRL. I don't support being a mindless slave in the Law path. I also don't support the weak being food for the strong. Pretty much humans are screwed in the chaos path. Neutral is a good middle ground without the extremes. I like there being some form of order and freedom even if it just an illusion.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#18Sir_HaxorPosted 10/15/2012 11:38:08 AM
I have 0 faith in humanity. IRL I would choose Law but in game Chaos all the way. Leave the world up to humans? Been there, done that. It sucks.
---
"It's like I'm assisting suicide! Hate not me. Hate your weakness!"- Iori Yagami
3DS FC: 0559-6940-0140
#19ArayzielPosted 10/15/2012 12:13:20 PM
Neutral is boring. I also like the way Nocturne handled alignments, where neutral isn't so great after all.
#20Gin_DevilPosted 10/15/2012 12:34:50 PM
Arayziel posted...
Neutral is boring. I also like the way Nocturne handled alignments, where neutral isn't so great after all.

I thought the neutral ending was when you turn back time?
---
official Beldr of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
http://www.backloggery.com/surviving_devil