Why would anyone choose Law or Chaos paths? *Series Spoilers*

#131BlueSophiaPosted 11/2/2012 6:34:31 PM
gamesage7 posted...
Chaos is actually the law of nature, only the strongest and fittest survive and pass on their genes therefore improving the species over time. Unlike humans, where many bad genes which would have been phased out a long time ago still exist since it doesn't effect the person's chances of passing their genes on. Ideally Chaos would be better in the long run.

People would be stronger, healthier, and more intelligent overall.

False actually. It benefits the short term (100,000 years is a short period of time in history). In the long term, it fails because the cycle of nature favors the adaptable, not the strong. Human intelligence is a byproduct of a deviation from this cycle and is the key to the pursuit of the neutral path since it exchanges the laws of nature for self betterment by choice.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#132EmbraceChaosPosted 11/2/2012 7:06:36 PM
Well, I didn't have electricity for four days...

Living without it was quite the experience. I think I began to fully understand that life actually isn't "work at your job for life". That's a misdirection from society. It's "gather/hunt food, eat, go to the bathroom, and have sex" and all other non-essential things exist to waste your time.

Money, jobs, etc. All a misdirection. The rules change in a crisis. It's no longer "go to work", it's "help each other and do your best".

I walked around my town to find no electricity in the streetlights, only one food store (a chinese fast food restaurant) open, and houses damaged with trees and branches placed all around.

Beautiful Chaos <3.

A disaster is horrible to live through but if you survive it then it really can bring out the best in you. Assuming you let it. Some people will always be scumbags but for the most part, I've only seen a lot of kindness in this chaos.

I still hope that New Jersey recovers soon since they were hurt the worst. The horrible neutrality of the world is what is wrong with it. But that's life.

Chaos brings character building life events!

I also learned not to be so attached to things during a crisis and honestly it's not so bad.

Enjoyed it~
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#133gamesage7Posted 11/2/2012 8:15:18 PM
Well with humans, we came down from the trees...so we adapted an upright stance so we could see predators easier...this developed first. Intelligence only came later, as now on the ground with far superior predators we developed tools and kept advancing these and eventually this became the key along with having opposable thumbs (even if dolphins were theoretically smarter than us, could they really take over...no even though that one simpsons episode was hilarious).

Strongest....doesn't just indicate physical strength, but mental strength......intelligence as well as other factors. If suddenly there was no law, and it was kill or be killed...it wouldn't be simply the biggest or most athletic that survive but likely intelligence would be even more important.

As for pack animals, most have alpha males...and sometimes alpha females as well so the ideal genes are passed on.

There you go, chaos rules, out with the weak and the faulty and let the elite individuals of humanity be the ones to pass on their genes.
#134BlueSophiaPosted 11/2/2012 9:31:13 PM
gamesage7 posted...
Well with humans, we came down from the trees...so we adapted an upright stance so we could see predators easier...this developed first. Intelligence only came later, as now on the ground with far superior predators we developed tools and kept advancing these and eventually this became the key along with having opposable thumbs (even if dolphins were theoretically smarter than us, could they really take over...no even though that one simpsons episode was hilarious).

Strongest....doesn't just indicate physical strength, but mental strength......intelligence as well as other factors. If suddenly there was no law, and it was kill or be killed...it wouldn't be simply the biggest or most athletic that survive but likely intelligence would be even more important.

As for pack animals, most have alpha males...and sometimes alpha females as well so the ideal genes are passed on.

There you go, chaos rules, out with the weak and the faulty and let the elite individuals of humanity be the ones to pass on their genes.

As I said before, strength does not equate to survival. Those with the strongest of mental or physical aptitude are still subject to the passage of time and life. However, the ability to create your own path is does not follow the fundamental nature of chaos. There is always a hierarchy in all the alignments. The power and the knowledge to shape your future is the major step towards becoming neutral.

Also, the universe always has laws. It's one of the unspoken rules. Physics are laws. No matter how you argue it, the universe has always been preordained. But it is neither lawful or chaotic in nature. The inhabitants shape their future. But it is those that become aware of it that they can become true neutral. Evolution is for beings that are subject to the winds of nature. Advancement is for those that seek to control their future with their own hands.
---
#135Sir_HaxorPosted 11/3/2012 12:32:15 AM
BlueSophia posted...
gamesage7 posted...

As I said before, strength does not equate to survival. Those with the strongest of mental or physical aptitude are still subject to the passage of time and life. However, the ability to create your own path is does not follow the fundamental nature of chaos. There is always a hierarchy in all the alignments. The power and the knowledge to shape your future is the major step towards becoming neutral.

Also, the universe always has laws. It's one of the unspoken rules. Physics are laws. No matter how you argue it, the universe has always been preordained. But it is neither lawful or chaotic in nature. The inhabitants shape their future. But it is those that become aware of it that they can become true neutral. Evolution is for beings that are subject to the winds of nature. Advancement is for those that seek to control their future with their own hands.

And as history has revealed again and again, those hands are made to cause strife, suffering. and high fives.

You still have the misconception that a demon with power is savagery. No, that is man's title card. A person who has mastered his toolbox is fit to call himself a mechanic. Likewise, a being such as himself who shall master his power is fit to walk the path of demons and chaos.

Chaos is not the breakdown of kinship and structure. No, the truth is it is the destruction of MAN and self righteous Angels. We do not seek to cause annihilation to everything, just filth. Think of us as a living vacuum sucking up unwanted dust balls. In the world of Chaos there will be society. Natural Selection of course will be implemented, but that is the case for all alliances. However, as previously stated, we will not prey upon the weak. We shall give them a chance to prove themselves worthy of seeking power. You yourself seem like a viable candidate for the new world. Cast aside these delusions and make use of your ability. Strong will is nothing to scoff at.

However, resistance will be crushed. If I must cut down potential then so I shall. Man's world is going to burn. Their redundancies are finally going to close. No more senseless politicians and elections, money will have no use, petty crime gone.

Tell me, what sort of future will man ever have on its own when it can't even overcome something as simple as racism or sexism? For decades people like you have been clinging to this idea of "it'll get better! The future has to shine!". Well, where is it? I grow tired of hearing about uncertainty and "JUST YOU WAIT". The only thing that matters are results, and mankind has been stumbling on this for far too long.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#136Sir_HaxorPosted 11/3/2012 12:35:01 AM
ArmedDragoon posted...
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
At least my names were creative...

I gotta give credit where it's due, "Lawlicons" is incredible.

Same here, rolls off the tongue. Nutralite isn't bad either. Good show of wit.

It's only fair that one of us comes up with one for Chaos.

Well thanks from the both of you. I wish I could get them to be official terms for the fanbase (too much of a stretch) or at least this board. My credibility as Chaos Rep would skyrocket :P
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#1371998_zPosted 11/3/2012 5:14:57 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
ArmedDragoon posted...
DynamicJumpIuff posted...
At least my names were creative...

I gotta give credit where it's due, "Lawlicons" is incredible.

Same here, rolls off the tongue. Nutralite isn't bad either. Good show of wit.

It's only fair that one of us comes up with one for Chaos.

Well thanks from the both of you. I wish I could get them to be official terms for the fanbase (too much of a stretch) or at least this board. My credibility as Chaos Rep would skyrocket :P

Getting fame from making nicknames lol

I guess that's how Team Chaotics works, use everything to reach their goal.
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 4
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards || R - Rocket Scientist
#138BlueSophiaPosted 11/3/2012 8:47:27 PM
And as history has revealed again and again, those hands are made to cause strife, suffering. and high fives.

History has lasted a good 10,000 years which is small change in the currency of time. At best, humanity had acquired its first few masterminds like Socrates a bit more than 2000 years ago. This means that in the infancy of the forces of neutrality in humans, we only had 2000 years in billions to advance with the most significant growths occurring only a century ago. Those of brilliant minds that have created society effectively built the modern world in less time than it took for evolution to get nowhere. In a few decades, these men may well stand at the top of the world and stand ready to lay claim to the galaxy and beyond.

You still have the misconception that a demon with power is savagery. No, that is man's title card. A person who has mastered his toolbox is fit to call himself a mechanic. Likewise, a being such as himself who shall master his power is fit to walk the path of demons and chaos.

Please refer back to my note on demons and aspects. You must like using words that i never said. But the majority of the demons that you support are either savages or physical minded fools. To walk amongst them as an equal would mean to forsake advancement for turmoil. Quite unsightly and largely unbeneficial to all but the short term thrill seekers.

Chaos is not the breakdown of kinship and structure. No, the truth is it is the destruction of MAN and self righteous Angels. We do not seek to cause annihilation to everything, just filth. Think of us as a living vacuum sucking up unwanted dust balls. In the world of Chaos there will be society. Natural Selection of course will be implemented, but that is the case for all alliances. However, as previously stated, we will not prey upon the weak. We shall give them a chance to prove themselves worthy of seeking power. You yourself seem like a viable candidate for the new world. Cast aside these delusions and make use of your ability. Strong will is nothing to scoff at.

All you just described is a self justifying vacuum of denial. Your rules are not the rules of the world. Like the law, all you are doing is perpetuating a cycle of stagnation and failure. Your reasons? Superficial. Your cause? Inconsequential. Your seat? Unstable. Your word? Doomed to fail. Like all in the chaotic society, your throne is but a creation of fear and vanity. Humanity as filth? Don't make me laugh. All is nothing until they prove themselves something. But to need the approval of others to justify yourself? No. The best of humanity comes from those that have faced their worse and yet have found their reason.

However, resistance will be crushed. If I must cut down potential then so I shall. Man's world is going to burn. Their redundancies are finally going to close. No more senseless politicians and elections, money will have no use, petty crime gone.

So basically you stand in the way of potential. How unsightly, to attempt to protect your shaking throne. So proclaims one who condemns lesser crimes by perpetuating the greatest of them all.

Tell me, what sort of future will man ever have on its own when it can't even overcome something as simple as racism or sexism? For decades people like you have been clinging to this idea of "it'll get better! The future has to shine!". Well, where is it? I grow tired of hearing about uncertainty and "JUST YOU WAIT". The only thing that matters are results, and mankind has been stumbling on this for far too long.

So you sit on the sidelines without doing a thing yourself? Resigning yourself to chaos? HA!

To hope for a better future is to fail in futility. The future is for those that take it in their hands.
---
#139WiiFan77Posted 11/15/2012 9:38:52 AM
The Chaos character is usually my favorite character. Other than that, I'd normally choose neutral.
---
???
#140faduePosted 11/15/2012 1:53:10 PM
Because I want to be a badass yo!