Why would anyone choose Law or Chaos paths? *Series Spoilers*

#171Sir_HaxorPosted 12/11/2012 11:11:55 PM
BlueSophia posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
BlueSophia posted...
namelessregret posted...
Simple: I like the chaos scenarios, so I choose the chaos paths 90% of the time. Law isn't for me, I don't like the idea of being an ally of a hypocritical god and neutral = boring.

Neutral is boring? So naive.

Nope. He's on the path of enlightenment. When the time comes, he shall join my ranks.

"You who brings Chaos to this world..."

Such a simpleton in that belief. Chaos is for those too lazy to forge their path.

Implying I can't forge a path through Chaos. Nutralites always think so highly of themselves, yet they support a crappy species. Humanity fails and will continue to do so, That's what it means to be human.

Screw up and continue to do so until there's nothing left. Some of us are tired of the constant flopping. We've waited long enough for this so called "human enlightenment". Now we of the Chaos branch shall try our hand to make living something worthwhile. Step aside or we'll make you.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#172KRMDoggPosted 12/14/2012 8:20:06 AM
I must chime in at this juncture. I truly appreciate a good philosophical debate, and the use of quotes has been fair which does give some legitimacy to your respective arguments.

ALAS there have been too many sweeping generalizations taken as common knowledge which are being contested and I feel if one is to say humans are flawed give examples from news articles or known or researchable accounts, as well as to say where their potential lies.

Also I believe at one point sir haxor commented on saying a sweeping generalization about all cultures and societies, which I feel needs support. There are many tribes that I know of which actually beg to differ, such as the tribes of the Trobriand Islands.

So I feel that while your personal observations of day to day life to understandably form your opinions what you are discussing is something which exists on a much greater scale, so it should follow then that you support your argument about the nature of culture and society and humans by looking into ethnographies of cultures around the world, as well as other Anthropological data. Seeing as how you are having an Anthropological debate.

From Gamefaqs resident Jack of all trades, including but not limited to yes Bachelors Degree in Anthopology
#173BlueSophiaPosted 12/14/2012 11:50:17 AM(edited)
Sir_Haxor posted...
Implying I can't forge a path through Chaos. Nutralites always think so highly of themselves, yet they support a crappy species. Humanity fails and will continue to do so, That's what it means to be human.

Screw up and continue to do so until there's nothing left. Some of us are tired of the constant flopping. We've waited long enough for this so called "human enlightenment". Now we of the Chaos branch shall try our hand to make living something worthwhile. Step aside or we'll make you.

The mere fact that you still evade my point of view shows that you are still a simpleton at heart. It is not the failures that you judge but the results that come from recognition and acceptance. The mere fact that you still see through colorless frames is reason enough to believe that not only do you not understand the ramifications of your side, but you also neglect to even consider what its reason even is. At this point, you speak as a pawn, not a herald.

1998_z posted...
Rath_Attack posted...
This is why we can't have nice things.

As long as the Chaos and the Neutral reps throwing debates at each other.

We can always build our own way.

Were you smoking krills when you read my posts? This is EXACTLY the message that I'm trying to tell you. If you have a well defined reason with justification beyond what others tell you, then you have a path. Its the ability to see beyond the present that I want from you.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#174Fenrir_HowlsPosted 12/14/2012 12:53:30 PM
It isn't always about the present, it's also about the packaging.
---
The Official Fenrir of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
The Official Atsuro Kihara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#1751998_zPosted 12/15/2012 4:54:30 AM
BlueSophia posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...

The mere fact that you still evade my point of view shows that you are still a simpleton at heart. It is not the failures that you judge but the results that come from recognition and acceptance. The mere fact that you still see through colorless frames is reason enough to believe that not only do you not understand the ramifications of your side, but you also neglect to even consider what its reason even is. At this point, you speak as a pawn, not a herald.

1998_z posted...
Rath_Attack posted...

Were you smoking krills when you read my posts? This is EXACTLY the message that I'm trying to tell you. If you have a well defined reason with justification beyond what others tell you, then you have a path. Its the ability to see beyond the present that I want from you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

Also, I have my own way. I call it the "Way of Peace". The borderline of Law and Neutral.

Screw the 3 factions, why not making it myself.
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 8
R - Rocket Scientist || Official Trumpeter of the SMTIV board
#176BlueSophiaPosted 12/15/2012 6:02:25 AM
1998_z posted...
BlueSophia posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...

1998_z posted...
Rath_Attack posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

Also, I have my own way. I call it the "Way of Peace". The borderline of Law and Neutral.

Screw the 3 factions, why not making it myself.

I'm not asking for the alignment, I'm asking you for a REASON. You need to be able to define it for yourself and know what your aim is in addition to what the path to reach it is. In other words, it is all about the reason.
---
#1771998_zPosted 12/15/2012 6:09:36 AM
BlueSophia posted...
I'm not asking for the alignment, I'm asking you for a REASON. You need to be able to define it for yourself and know what your aim is in addition to what the path to reach it is. In other words, it is all about the reason.

You mean like in Nocturne?

Well, you can say I have somewhat similar reason with Futomimi. Say, I want where people living in peace under God, okay?
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 8
R - Rocket Scientist || Official Trumpeter of the SMTIV board
#178BlueSophiaPosted 12/15/2012 7:08:17 AM
1998_z posted...
BlueSophia posted...

You mean like in Nocturne?

Well, you can say I have somewhat similar reason with Futomimi. Say, I want where people living in peace under God, okay?

Usually, that also means having an idea of how that will come about. its what separates you from glaring generalizations like the totalitarian law, boring neutral and self destructive chaos stereotypes. having a means to reach that end.

How to achieve peace under god without devolving it down to the lowest common denominator.
---
#179Sir_HaxorPosted 12/16/2012 6:35:55 PM
BlueSophia posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...

1998_z posted...
Rath_Attack posted...

What acceptance and recognition can one find in humanity? The mere fact that you haven't even described what your supposed path looks like is proof enough for me. Admit it, YOU don't even KNOW what you WANT to achieve. All I hear from you is "the reason!", but what is the reason? What image presents itself when you've reached the finished line? Being "independent" doesn't equal jack if there's nothing to show for it.

"Look at me guys! I'm not with law or chaos!". Cool, now what are the benefits from this? What is assured to be the outcome? What can you change from the countless years of human dominance?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#180BlueSophiaPosted 12/17/2012 11:48:13 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
What acceptance and recognition can one find in humanity? The mere fact that you haven't even described what your supposed path looks like is proof enough for me. Admit it, YOU don't even KNOW what you WANT to achieve. All I hear from you is "the reason!", but what is the reason? What image presents itself when you've reached the finished line? Being "independent" doesn't equal jack if there's nothing to show for it.

"Look at me guys! I'm not with law or chaos!". Cool, now what are the benefits from this? What is assured to be the outcome? What can you change from the countless years of human dominance?

The definition of the path comes from a firm mentality and the means to achieve the end. Why should I acknowledge the weaknesses of humanity when the aim is to surpass it? As far as I am concerned, there is no finish line, not when the aim is for transcendence. It is inevitable that the few who have risen above their humanity will put their influence to use. But as it is, there will be more beyond them as there will be others as well. You never understood the path because you still embroil yourself in the belief that humans are unable to escape a cycle when clearly there have been many who can. In comparison to the population, they are the few, but these few were what guided mankind from destruction to the path of enlightenment. The question has never been to depose humanity but to create the next step beyond. After all, humanity is but a phase. But you never recognized it as one, which is why you fail to see my reason.

Go on, do your own thing. It's not like your statement has the merit to create higher orders of thinking. Casting doubts is the natural reaction of the many, most which has fallen to the wayside when advancements have been made. If you always prefer to look down, then by all means, keep staring at the ground.
---