Why would anyone choose Law or Chaos paths? *Series Spoilers*

#181ArgonisgemaPosted 12/17/2012 12:45:29 PM
how is this new world made? i assume that the vortex world gets destroyed and all the demons die except for the chosen one then what?
---
The Official Garm of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Shin Megami Tensei a game Where you can give GOD the finger .
#182lulzacePosted 12/17/2012 5:37:20 PM
BlueSophia posted...
monstermorrill posted...
I think people don't choose law or chaos as much as they choose the options that lead them to law or chaos. By not truely know where your decisions are going to lead you your actions better reflect your self interests. Naturally anyone who seems them selves as a good to do person would choose the ending that is best for everyone if they know of such ending or how to get there, but i bet if they were to go forth and make decissions wihout some guide telling them were there going to end up then they may find them selves at a more extreme stand point with consequences they didn't for see.

Humans are impressionable creatures. It is only when you see past the influences of others that you truly become YOU in all of its entirety.

reminds me of twewy

i kinda followed AO cuz of the mystery and did the kalpa for the same reason, ji just happened to skip over the one thing i needed for the true demon ending.
---
Shapesnatch OTK http://i.imgur.com/AWP9F.jpg
Both to 0. Trish to 3. Envoy of the End to 5 - Fablemaster
#183lulzacePosted 12/17/2012 5:39:52 PM
uhh are you guys actually arguing or joking? looks like a combination of the two but i cant tell
---
Shapesnatch OTK http://i.imgur.com/AWP9F.jpg
Both to 0. Trish to 3. Envoy of the End to 5 - Fablemaster
#184DynamicJumpIuffPosted 12/17/2012 6:27:23 PM
Hey, Haxor and Sophia, have you guys ever played Deus Ex or Human Revolution?
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#185SilentHeroSMT44Posted 12/17/2012 7:17:31 PM
I always do Neutral path first, since that's me being true to myself. There's always a better way...
But then I play Chaos and Law paths in whatever order suits me, since I'm an insane completest. I mean, I paid for the game. I paid for those paths. Might as well get my money's worth and play them at some point.
---
The Official Jack Frost of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#186sevihaimerejPosted 12/17/2012 7:45:34 PM
The very existence of the free will to choose a path in the first place has its foundation in chaos. Chaos is change, defiance of authority through one's own power, and is closer to the natural state of our universe. Humans have pitifully constructed societies and technologies and law systems out of fear of the chaos within nature and even within other humans. Chaos is unpredictable, the unknown which mankind so dreads, the primal source and ultimate fate of all that is. KAOS KERAUNOS KYBERNATOS!
---
The Official Aciel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#187Rath_AttackPosted 12/17/2012 8:21:48 PM
Where is the Law Rep?
#188BlueSophiaPosted 12/18/2012 1:05:36 PM
sevihaimerej posted...
The very existence of the free will to choose a path in the first place has its foundation in chaos. Chaos is change, defiance of authority through one's own power, and is closer to the natural state of our universe. Humans have pitifully constructed societies and technologies and law systems out of fear of the chaos within nature and even within other humans. Chaos is unpredictable, the unknown which mankind so dreads, the primal source and ultimate fate of all that is. KAOS KERAUNOS KYBERNATOS!

Chaos only gaurantees a lack of laws. it does not come with true freedom because the constructs of life are governed by those with power and those without it. The only true freedom you have is the choice to live or die, neither of which grant you true freedom. The mere fact that it is unpredictable is also in itself a farce because it makes all of your choices irrelevant as the waves of change destroy the last vestiges of your attempt at a sand castle.

In addition, chaos is a byproduct of terrestrial life. In the greater universe, our world has inbuilt laws that reflect a governed and orderly nature. To herald chaos is to deviate from what is already a neutral world.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#189sevihaimerejPosted 12/19/2012 12:01:00 AM
One cannot attribute any one quality (such as predicting the result of an abolishment of all laws) to true chaos without denying it another directly opposing quality. Chaos is formless, without quality, nameless, pure power...yet it is anything it touches.

It is either this nothing or the flesh, and the condition of flesh is dual. Eternal warfare is the price, purpose, and reward of existence. We only exist as a vehicle for chaos to evolve through into a myriad of experiences which are all self.

I am this illusion and
I am not this illusion
---
The Official Aciel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#190BlueSophiaPosted 12/19/2012 8:52:52 AM
sevihaimerej posted...
One cannot attribute any one quality (such as predicting the result of an abolishment of all laws) to true chaos without denying it another directly opposing quality. Chaos is formless, without quality, nameless, pure power...yet it is anything it touches.

It is either this nothing or the flesh, and the condition of flesh is dual. Eternal warfare is the price, purpose, and reward of existence. We only exist as a vehicle for chaos to evolve through into a myriad of experiences which are all self.

I am this illusion and
I am not this illusion

A quality which essentially attributes itself to a perversion of the universe as such. As the universe has shown, chaos is an anomoly in a world where everything has rules. In addition, it is an aspect that both has power and has no power whatsoever because it is incapable of growth, only perpetuating a cycle of destruction. The only thing that a chaotic world guarantees is survival for the adaptable, a process which destroys experience and any form of reason with which it was established on.

True chaos? Anyone who heralds it will forever be at its mercy.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!