Why would anyone choose Law or Chaos paths? *Series Spoilers*

#21KGTriggerPosted 10/15/2012 1:06:21 PM
Gin_Devil posted...
Arayziel posted...
Neutral is boring. I also like the way Nocturne handled alignments, where neutral isn't so great after all.

I thought the neutral ending was when you turn back time?

lol, official Beldr. Oh my.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#22mcebPosted 10/15/2012 1:13:47 PM
Gin_Devil posted...
Arayziel posted...
Neutral is boring. I also like the way Nocturne handled alignments, where neutral isn't so great after all.

There is also a reason that resembles neutral alignment (I have forgotten its name). In this reason, everyone would be isolated in their own universe, being able to do what pleases you. I think that this is considered Neutral to a degree, and it doesn't sound that great for me. Maybe he was talking about that ending.
#23BlueSophiaPosted 10/15/2012 1:16:14 PM
Gin_Devil posted...
Arayziel posted...

True Neutral is the restart point or the return to norm. Either you reestablish society or extinguish all outlying factions, neutrality is the call for the society before.

Light-Neutral is the one where you pursue your own ideals and seek a higher purpose. Unlike Law and Chaos, it is about forging your future rather than stagnating in the present. Often times, it is true Neutral with the drive to become something greater.

Dark Neutral is the opposite. It is about deconstruction and the demise of the status quo. In this general direction, both Law and Chaos become irrelevant, all you seek is death.

The net result is simple. Neutral has the ultimate potential of both sides. Most people confuse true neutral with neutrality in general. Neutrality is about neither law or chaos, but the ultimate choice. The right to make that choice is what decides your ultimate fate and with it, drive you to the greater good or the depths destruction.

it is the hardest path to follow and it is also the one that tests your faith in humanity. The existence of neutrality is in the eye of the beholder. The more you see yourself in contrast to your environment, the more vivid it becomes. What you decide with this vision is what ultimately decides your alignment.

neutrality in a nutshell. XD
---
Ardha of the SMT IV board. :3
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#24Gin_DevilPosted 10/15/2012 1:32:45 PM
KGTrigger posted...
Gin_Devil posted...
Arayziel posted...

lol, official Beldr. Oh my.

?
---
official Beldr of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
http://www.backloggery.com/surviving_devil
#25Spektre41Posted 10/15/2012 1:42:26 PM
Gin_Devil posted...
Arayziel posted...

There's two neutral endings in Nocturne. One is the Isamu ending, assuming we treat Hikawa as Law and Chiaki as Chaos (though all three would be Law since they're about creating a new world along the lines of YHVH), and the Freedom ending, which involves turning back time.
---
``Haggar could pile drive the sun into Galactus' face.`` - YoungLegend
#26kakashik99992Posted 10/15/2012 3:26:54 PM
Neutral is the DBZ reset button on nocturne
#27Holy_OblivionPosted 10/15/2012 8:36:57 PM
I'm an anarchist and I don't like humanity. So chaos route is always what I pick. Besides, law is just boring.
---
I'm straight edge. That means I'm better than you.
#28VerdikaPosted 10/15/2012 8:49:12 PM
In Overclocked, most endings that you pick have good things and bad things about them. And in SMT 1, the cannon ending is Neutral and well...we all know how fantastically that turned out.

It's all has to do with sticking to what you believe is morally right and following your convictions. In real life, if I saw things exactly as they were in the SMT series (in other words the clearly jackass YHWH and the morally ambiguous Lucifer), I would have a very hard time choosing a path. Because I would have a hard time separating the jackass YHWH with the creator that I believe in.

But in game, it's easy. Chaos all the way. I try to judge based on what I think is right, rather then what I know the endings will be because I've been spoiled. And I almost always believe in the Chaos pathway. Even if things are going to be hard, better humanity live based on their own principles then bow before a God that is clearly evil (or close to). SMT Lucifer might not always be good, but he's almost always better then SMT YHWH.
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
#29KGTriggerPosted 10/15/2012 9:03:55 PM
Holy_Oblivion posted...
I'm an anarchist and I don't like humanity. So chaos route is always what I pick. Besides, law is just boring.

LOL
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#30Holy_OblivionPosted 10/15/2012 9:11:12 PM
May I ask what is so funny?
---
I'm straight edge. That means I'm better than you.