Why would anyone choose Law or Chaos paths? *Series Spoilers*

#51BlueSophiaPosted 10/20/2012 10:35:16 PM
Wrong. Gandhi's position was Chaotic-Good. Changing the Lawful-Stupid rules for the good of all. There WAS rioting after the British left. Everyone knew it would happen. Lawful-Stupid persevered with Islam versus Hinduism. Once religion is eradicated, we won't have Lawful-Stupid differences.

"Seeking a higher purpose" is just making up your own utopian vision and ignoring the pain of others.

Chaotic-Good > All.

Gandhi did not stand for his people, he stood for his country. If his people were morons like any mob, they would easily fall to the wasteland of their instincts. Gandhi may have represented them, but they do not represent Gandhi. He is through and through a neutral representative.

Aslo, you are remarkably narrow minded. Is it so hard to believe that humans should seek to become greater than themselves? Any method can be used to bring about a higher purpose. My favorite method is of course technology. There are many ways of which humans can seek a higher purpose and one such method is becoming a god. Why seek the norm when you can go beyond? It doesn't matter whether you use it to benefit yourself, or others, the ultimate end is the power of potential. No one argued that it had to be nice. But it certainly is better than leaving humanity to fight amongst themselves in their mad bid for power. Chaos is flawed and the entire reason why humans advanced was to escape from it.
---
Ardha of the SMT IV board. :3
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#52EmbraceChaosPosted 10/20/2012 11:43:59 PM
BlueSophia posted...
Wrong. Gandhi's position was Chaotic-Good. Changing the Lawful-Stupid rules for the good of all. There WAS rioting after the British left. Everyone knew it would happen. Lawful-Stupid persevered with Islam versus Hinduism. Once religion is eradicated, we won't have Lawful-Stupid differences.

"Seeking a higher purpose" is just making up your own utopian vision and ignoring the pain of others.

Chaotic-Good > All.

Gandhi did not stand for his people, he stood for his country. If his people were morons like any mob, they would easily fall to the wasteland of their instincts. Gandhi may have represented them, but they do not represent Gandhi. He is through and through a neutral representative.

Aslo, you are remarkably narrow minded. Is it so hard to believe that humans should seek to become greater than themselves? Any method can be used to bring about a higher purpose. My favorite method is of course technology. There are many ways of which humans can seek a higher purpose and one such method is becoming a god. Why seek the norm when you can go beyond? It doesn't matter whether you use it to benefit yourself, or others, the ultimate end is the power of potential. No one argued that it had to be nice. But it certainly is better than leaving humanity to fight amongst themselves in their mad bid for power. Chaos is flawed and the entire reason why humans advanced was to escape from it.

Two things, you contradicted yourself and now you're purely arguing semantics since power can be interchangeable with 'becoming a god' or technological innovation (especially when concerning weapons).
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#53NeoSamuelPosted 10/21/2012 9:11:55 AM
BlueSophia posted...

Chaotic-Good > All.

I have to disagree, Humanity is strengthened by conflict and competition. Many of our greatest tech advancements came from war (Internet, Nuclear power, Aircraft) or saw rapid advancement due to competition (The Space Race) While Im not saying we should be in contant war for the sake of advancement I will say the competition of some kind is a nessesity for greater advancement.
---
Im Black Mage. I cast spells that make people fall down.
#54BlueSophiaPosted 10/21/2012 11:42:00 AM
NeoSamuel posted...

I have to disagree, Humanity is strengthened by conflict and competition. Many of our greatest tech advancements came from war (Internet, Nuclear power, Aircraft) or saw rapid advancement due to competition (The Space Race) While Im not saying we should be in contant war for the sake of advancement I will say the competition of some kind is a nessesity for greater advancement.

A healthy bit of competition is always beneficial when it comes to advancement. That's the beauty of the system. But humanity as a whole is too ignorant to realize the rate at which science can grow. The only reason why those technologies took form was because they acquired military funding out of necessity. How many unique sciences and advancements were given up on because of a lack of funding? Discoveries are being made every day by people who could have had something if only they had the means to do so.

In such a world, when the bravado of humans dictate the world, the most advanced elements all came from people who want to one up others and would pay through the nose for it. Basically, it is not that technologies come from wars, it is that wars force them to beget new technology. The sway of which science can advance is all about the circumstances of the cause.But as the current age has shown, technology always marches on and given the opportunity, it will still advance without war. The difference is that now, we actually have a system that promotes it instead of being reigned over by maniacs out for conquest.
---
#55LinxredPosted 10/21/2012 2:12:38 PM
Chaos.... I dunno, reminds me of the relationship between Shiva Parvati, and how even though Parvati has all these wonderful forms, Shiva's favorite is Kali quite literally walking on him in her most fierce blood drenched form possible. It's just like a different state, it doesn't really make much sense to humans because it's a frame of carnage and high energy that is maybe... more sensual for deities.

I liked in SJ (spoilers) mem alph was the chaotic route's like, leader... the idea of the terrifying goddess who is also the maternal force is so archetypal and execuited so well here....

It kinda reminds me of what a friend was telling me about how Nirvana could be a place of hellish suffering too if one let it be. But any type of chaos could bring about evolution... I mean, depends on what you believe...

Things like justice and karma could still exist in the chaotic ending, and if there is a proper place for everything.

Not a lot to say on the law path, other than I really don't like it. It sucks for any one that isn't a fan of conformity.
#56Sir_HaxorPosted 10/21/2012 8:27:31 PM
BlueSophia posted...
NeoSamuel posted...

A healthy bit of competition is always beneficial when it comes to advancement. That's the beauty of the system. But humanity as a whole is too ignorant to realize the rate at which science can grow. The only reason why those technologies took form was because they acquired military funding out of necessity. How many unique sciences and advancements were given up on because of a lack of funding? Discoveries are being made every day by people who could have had something if only they had the means to do so.

In such a world, when the bravado of humans dictate the world, the most advanced elements all came from people who want to one up others and would pay through the nose for it. Basically, it is not that technologies come from wars, it is that wars force them to beget new technology. The sway of which science can advance is all about the circumstances of the cause.But as the current age has shown, technology always marches on and given the opportunity, it will still advance without war. The difference is that now, we actually have a system that promotes it instead of being reigned over by maniacs out for conquest.

Sorry, but we're currently living in a world crafted by man, and it freaking sucks. Humans are weak and outright pathetic, and either need to be ruled by God or swallowed by chaos. Technology you say? Technology is just another means of dividing people and encouraging chaos. Those with the latest and greatest tech are better than those without it. A nation without gadget X is "barbaric" or "wrong".

The masses stare deeply into mirrors at a reflection, and if the image dissatisfies them they do everything possible to ensure that it doesn't become their reality. People are constantly fighting to 1-up each other, trying to gain some sense of status and superiority. They spout masks and lies to cover up inadequacy, as it is the only thing capable of providing comfort. "At least I'm not like YOU".

You honestly believe they are capable of holding hands and uniting as one for a better future? That's nothing more than a farce dreamt up by those who are incapable of changing the reflection they oh so despise. "If everyone banded together and created an equal and worthwhile social standard of living, I no longer have to worry about feeling inferior!".

Neutrality is just another mask crafted for the sake of self gain. Chaos, and even Law to an extent discard such lies and trivialities. Self gain is either entirely non-existant (Law) or a constant struggle shifting to anyone with the will to grasp it (Chaos).
---
"It's like I'm assisting suicide! Hate not me. Hate your weakness!"- Iori Yagami
3DS FC: 0559-6940-0140
#57EmbraceChaosPosted 10/21/2012 9:06:55 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
BlueSophia posted...
NeoSamuel posted...

Sorry, but we're currently living in a world crafted by man, and it freaking sucks. Humans are weak and outright pathetic, and either need to be ruled by God or swallowed by chaos. Technology you say? Technology is just another means of dividing people and encouraging chaos. Those with the latest and greatest tech are better than those without it. A nation without gadget X is "barbaric" or "wrong".

The masses stare deeply into mirrors at a reflection, and if the image dissatisfies them they do everything possible to ensure that it doesn't become their reality. People are constantly fighting to 1-up each other, trying to gain some sense of status and superiority. They spout masks and lies to cover up inadequacy, as it is the only thing capable of providing comfort. "At least I'm not like YOU".

You honestly believe they are capable of holding hands and uniting as one for a better future? That's nothing more than a farce dreamt up by those who are incapable of changing the reflection they oh so despise. "If everyone banded together and created an equal and worthwhile social standard of living, I no longer have to worry about feeling inferior!".

Neutrality is just another mask crafted for the sake of self gain. Chaos, and even Law to an extent discard such lies and trivialities. Self gain is either entirely non-existant (Law) or a constant struggle shifting to anyone with the will to grasp it (Chaos).

Indeed.

Power is everything.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#58BlueSophiaPosted 10/21/2012 9:17:15 PM(edited)
Sir_Haxor posted...

The weakness of the human mind to the sway of elements and greed is on them. Your future is not driven by ideals but the ability and conviction to forge your own path. There are always those that abuse power but the path of us is always to seek the higher power. Law and Chaos are irrelevant to the cause, only that the future holds more than it did today. As much as humans are prey to their own greed, they still carry the potential to be something greater than themselves. As much as you would look down on their historical failures, it is still better than to condemn them to a lower power or to be ruled by one that provides no progress.

Quite the hypocrite. You condemn them the weak of mind to one belief and yet you would still condone a path that supports them even in their weakness. What path fosters the idea that we would need a ruler even for those who rule themselves? Only a fool would allow such a farce to exist. What is wrong with self gain? The ability of self empowerment is the very foundation of achieving a greater state of being. To be ruled is to give up. For all you just said, all you proved to me was that you lack conviction. To be a naysayer is human, but what we prize isn't humanity; its transcendence.

EmbraceChaos posted...

Indeed.

Power is everything.

Power is nothing without the mind as is the other form of the mind without power. But both are useless in the face of human lift without emotions and ideals. If all you care about is power, then the world may as well not exist. The entire reason why humanity exists is in the culmination of all three. In an orgy of power, what benefit is there but a cycle of death and destruction? Chase death if you wish. But there is no future in it.
---
#59Dragard_KaosPosted 10/21/2012 9:59:51 PM
Chaos is more of my thing. Strange Journey's Chaos path was great. A world where humans and demons can co-exist? A world where the strongest would survive? A nature based world where humans wouldn't be destroying the Earth... That would definitely be the path I would take.
---
http://megidoladyne.webs.com <- Shin Megami Tensei news ^^
http://www.backloggery.com/dragard
#60kakashik99992Posted 10/22/2012 4:28:39 AM
Chaos was actually as far I remember the most reasonable path to follow on SMT II and a overall good ending.Lucifer was actually a pretty decent guy for the most part