Only for 3DS?

#1AsherGrossPosted 12/1/2012 8:28:32 AM
Do you think this game will be only for the 3DS as an exclusive? cause i was planning to get a 3DS for some other games before knowing of this maybe a vita port? with more things and demons?
#2Pandora012Posted 12/1/2012 8:41:35 AM
It's a 3DS exclusive.From what I can tell most if not all handheld exclusives stay on that device. If it ever came to the Vita (which seems highly unlikely) it would be years before it would be released for it.
---
The official Vishnu of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#3UnbralPosted 12/1/2012 8:54:54 AM
Yes. But don't worry: Vita will probably get some support from Atlus too.
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#4dillo9000Posted 12/1/2012 9:35:04 AM
Unbral posted...

Like Persona 4 Golden...
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, the Wii U and everything that comes with its glory
Currently playing: Persona 4 Arena, Madden 13, Pokemon White 2
#5Lelouch71Posted 12/1/2012 10:03:06 AM
It's going to stay exclusive for the 3DS. The game is built to utilize the 3DS. Atlus didn't port Strange Journey over to the PSP. We all know the PSP is doing a lot better than the Vita in Japan. So you have nothing to worry about. The Vita is a sinking ship at the moment. Whether it gets another megaten title besides P4G is unknown. We might see a SMT4 port within 7-10+ years (like with SMT1 and SMT2) but it won't be for the Vita if/when that happens. So buy the 3DS not to mention it's getting Soul Hackers and you can currently play Devil Survivor Overclocked. On tops you can use the 3DS BC to play Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, and Devil Survivor 2 if you haven't already.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#6AsherGross(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 12:13:26 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
It's going to stay exclusive for the 3DS. The game is built to utilize the 3DS. Atlus didn't port Strange Journey over to the PSP. We all know the PSP is doing a lot better than the Vita in Japan. So you have nothing to worry about. The Vita is a sinking ship at the moment. Whether it gets another megaten title besides P4G is unknown. We might see a SMT4 port within 7-10+ years (like with SMT1 and SMT2) but it won't be for the Vita if/when that happens. So buy the 3DS not to mention it's getting Soul Hackers and you can currently play Devil Survivor Overclocked. On tops you can use the 3DS BC to play Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, and Devil Survivor 2 if you haven't already.

Yeah you are right :) its really sad when games like this or another company like capcom release their SUPER "title here" with more features and things after some months i played persona 3 and persona 4 years ago. Luckily i got a psp without even knowing of the release of P3P and i bought both of them the same year they released the port this happens to me all the time I plan to get a new console and then a nice game just pops out of nowhere hehe.
#7Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/1/2012 1:55:27 PM
dillo9000 posted...
Unbral posted...

Like Persona 4 Golden...

I'm puzzled on this: since the Vita is on very shaky ground compared to even the HD consoles, why didn't they make P4G ports on PS3 and Wii U to cover their bases?
#8AsherGross(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:16:58 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
dillo9000 posted...
Unbral posted...

Like Persona 4 Golden...

I'm puzzled on this: since the Vita is on very shaky ground compared to even the HD consoles, why didn't they make P4G ports on PS3 and Wii U to cover their bases?

You are right... never thought about that mmm my only guess would be that they wanted to port all the personas to be portable I think i read that Persona 4 was going to be on the psp too but they pass it to the vita due to being superior but... i dont really know
#9MetalLokiPosted 12/2/2012 7:53:53 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
dillo9000 posted...
Unbral posted...

Like Persona 4 Golden...

It was being work on before anyone knew the vita was gonna flop.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#10UnbralPosted 12/2/2012 9:46:21 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
dillo9000 posted...
Unbral posted...

Like Persona 4 Golden...

Because in Japan, portable RPGs are much more popular and easy to sell than HD console ones. Especially for Atlus.
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.