Wow, persona 4 fans are slowly starting to get on my nerves

#1XCrossYZPosted 12/5/2012 9:46:21 AM
Even though I haven't played every MegaTen game, I can admire all of them, specially the SMT ones. But for the first time I might be turned away from one because of how annoying the fan base is. I have an idea of how the playstyle for 4 is since I own persona 3 and love it, but even I can see the faults in persona 3. But not only do the posters on this site and all over the web, but even my close friends annoy me with their constant talk about that game. I guess I have to play it to know what the craze is but it's praised waaaaay too highly for a game that's not totally original. That's my opinion, and I hope SMT4 doesn't get the same rabid fan base

TL;DR Persona 4 fan base is starting to annoy me
---
I bleed Big Blue! SuperBowl 46 Champs, NY Giants!!
Official Asmodeus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#2EmbraceChaosPosted 12/5/2012 9:49:13 AM
Persona 4 fans were pretty awful back during the PS2 days too. I played the PS2 version of P4 and I concluded the game wasn't anything special and felt like an average RPG to me.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#3SuperPunx64Posted 12/5/2012 9:55:25 AM
All fanbases are annoying sometimes but compared to others P4 fans are nowhere near as bad but I been exposed to the DMC fanbase too much lately and Im a huge P4 fan (my favorite RPG) so I might be a little biased.
---
A rough sketch of my personal logo:http://i.imgur.com/MNt4c.jpg
3DS: 1418-6790-0913 (Reg)
#4EmbraceChaosPosted 12/5/2012 9:58:11 AM
Nowhere near as bad as the Final Fantasy fanbase but it's sadly going up there.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#5ZendaikPosted 12/5/2012 9:58:43 AM
How do you know it's praised too highly if you've never played it? And P4 has improvements over P3.

And I think it's an excellent RPG.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#6XCrossYZ(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:02:56 AM
Zendaik posted...
How do you know it's praised too highly if you've never played it? And P4 has improvements over P3.

And I think it's an excellent RPG.

See responses like that remind me too much of kingdom hearts and FF7 fans. I've seen enough gameplay of it. Not intended to call you a fan boy.
---
I bleed Big Blue! SuperBowl 46 Champs, NY Giants!!
Official Asmodeus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#7CrisisOfFatePosted 12/5/2012 10:44:34 AM
I agree,they are so annoying.The worst thing is that 90% of them probably don't even know that the series started with 1 and 2,all they know are p3 and p4.
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#8EmbraceChaosPosted 12/5/2012 10:48:41 AM
CrisisOfFate posted...
I agree,they are so annoying.The worst thing is that 90% of them probably don't even know that the series started with 1 and 2,all they know are p3 and p4.

Usually happens when new fans get into a series. Atlus has made attempts to sell P1 and P2 but the PSP's terrible userbase, lack of games compared to the DS, and the general hatred of 2D has made it hard.
---
#9MetalLokiPosted 12/5/2012 10:54:26 AM
Watch out guys, Vyers gonna call all you guys Nintendo fanboys for not liking p4 as much as its fanbase.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/64806245
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#10CrisisOfFatePosted 12/5/2012 11:03:20 AM
EmbraceChaos posted...
CrisisOfFate posted...

Usually happens when new fans get into a series. Atlus has made attempts to sell P1 and P2 but the PSP's terrible userbase, lack of games compared to the DS, and the general hatred of 2D has made it hard.

They could at least try to find out more about the series.P4 was my first MegaTen game too,but when I finished it I found out about all the other (and better!!)games of the series.
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.