Rate my Shin Megami Tensei "arena" roster

#111998_zPosted 12/9/2012 10:22:00 PM
Kazuya should split into three versions - Normal, Messiah and Overlord, with the Messiah focuses in light and summoning angels while the Overlord focuses in dark and summoning demons. Both might have the same or different movepool. Amane should get her angelic possession form, with being more powerful than usual(and maybe have some different movesets).

Also, both SMTI faction heroes should get their transformed form.

...I think the roster isn't really bad, but definitely needs more addition. If I were you I would feature all playable characters of P3 and P4.

Of all these DeSu 2 picks, Fumi is there while the MC or Keita isn't there? What?
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 7
R - Rocket Scientist || Official Trumpeter of the SMTIV board
#12CrisisOfFate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:01:36 AM
lDPl posted...
CrisisOfFate posted...
MetalLoki posted...
Why is the Devil Survivor 2/Soul Hacker mc not there? I'm sure you have a reason so besides that I think it's ok but there are way to many people.

Because they wouldn't have a good moveset,after all their only power is devil summoning they have no weapons or other stuff(I may be wrong ,I obviously never played SH)
Also I forgot to put this in my first post:who would you all main if this was thereal roster?

And yet you include the Protagonist from Strange Journey, who is a regular guy in all aspects except he has a sword and gun and... can also summon demons.

HMMMM...

Because the SJ protagonist would make a great zoning character,his moveset would obviously be all around his guns and projectiles.That's what makes him different from other characters.
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#13CrisisOfFate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:06:36 AM
Rose_Mage posted...
I'll give you a nine point five out from ten if you add Daleth and Beth.

Sadly Beth isn't important enough,and Daleth would be an Aleph clone.

Btw,since I forgot to write this in my first post, I would main Aleph.
---
#14Cheesepower5Posted 12/10/2012 10:07:46 AM
I'd probably main Demi-Fiend or SJHero, but I'd have some temptation to pick up Raidou, Narukami, Nemissa or Aleph. I'd like to see it as a Smash Bros or Soul Calibur clone, because I'm not utterly terrible at those games.
---
Official Naga Raja of the SMT IV board.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Heroes of Light and Shadow, Dragon Quest VI DS.
#15AngelVanishedPosted 12/10/2012 10:25:06 AM
I'd probably main Chaos Hero, Chiaki or Naoya.

Not a fan of the roster, though. The characters chosen seem pretty arbitrary, contrary to TC's reasoning of fighter classifications. For example, why Chie and Akihiko? They're hardly plot-integral characters, although they (Akihiko specifically) might have some relevance. Why NOT P3MC (since you're including canonically dead characters anyways)? Why Fumi?
---
The official Tiamat of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#16CrisisOfFate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 10:38:05 AM
AngelVanished posted...
I'd probably main Chaos Hero, Chiaki or Naoya.

Not a fan of the roster, though. The characters chosen seem pretty arbitrary, contrary to TC's reasoning of fighter classifications. For example, why Chie and Akihiko? They're hardly plot-integral characters, although they (Akihiko specifically) might have some relevance. Why NOT P3MC (since you're including canonically dead characters anyways)? Why Fumi?

They don't necessarily have to be plot-integral if they have an interesting moveset,for example Akihiko,he is obviously a grapple and hard hitting but slow character which the roster would lack without him or possibly Zayin.As for Minato he just isn't interesting enough,sure can wield many weapons and summon persona's but that's just not enough(and I wanted to keep the number of persona characters as small as possible).
Chie is very popular (even with those who don't spam "waifu").
But Fumi is a different story,it was either her or Hinako,I regret the decision now though.
---
#17BlueSophiaPosted 12/10/2012 2:13:41 PM
Let's do this MvC style.

SMT characters

Neutral hero: Balanced character (Balance of offense and defense, good demon supports, benefits from all kinds of supports and is a great assist character himself)

Aleph: Physical emphasis (lacks ranged capabilities but uses a more offensive set, benefits from ranged assists but has easy to punish assists)

Hito-Shura: Burner (Uses up meter at a faster rate than the other characters, but is fast, powerful and versatile, is poor on point due to meter dependencies, strong as an assist and best as an anchor).

Flynn: Magic Fencer (Utilizes magic and demons to supplement melee skills, good to combo, but better as an assist)

Chiaki: Forceful Attacker (Extremely offensive in exchange for having weak defenses, poor comboing ability, but is able to keep physical and magic pressure on. Demon supports are limited)

Demonica: Bullet Master (Extremely dependent on range, has poor physical, and no magic. gun swapping allows him to play a strong keepaway game, best as an assist)

Jiminez: Berserker (Extremely dependent on physical attack with a limited magic pool. A good number of his moves have superarmor)

Zelenin: Awful Blaster (Riddle the field with high powered magic. Nearly no physical attacks and lacking in speed, but makes up for it with obstructing moves to charge up main attacks, Good on point with strong assists, poor on assists because of cooldown and good as an anchor)

Raidou Kuzunoha: Swashbuckler (Sword and Gun skills are strong, but uses meter in order to use demon supports. Poor on point, but is strong in the other two roles).

Personae users

Elizabeth/Margaret/Theodore: team Nuker (Fights as if all of their attacks explode, but are big meter hogs and crappy defenses, tricky to master)

Kei Nanjo: Strong Striker (Causes massive amounts of chip damage with physical attacks and good at knocking foes across the screen. Slow to attack, but Personae provides powerful ranged attacks. Extremely good on point, average as an assist).

Eriko Kirishima: Holy Destruction (Among the fastest in the roster, most of her moves place emphasis on trapping the opponent. Strong keepaway game makes her great as an assist/tag in, good on point, but average as an anchor due to her lackluster damage).

Tatsuya Suou: Bang Buster (Weak normals, but very strong supers. Builds meters very quickly, great on point as a meter builder)

Michel: Dark Destroyer (Slow to attack, but causes massive amounts of ranged damage and has a strong defensive game plan, Assists are far reaching)

Akihiko Sanada: Stunlocker (Overwhelm opponents in combos. High difficulty, but a massive damage machine and meter builder although his supers are weak, good on point and anchor, but a remarkably bad assist character)

Aigis: Too many goddamn guns (Self explanatory, keepaway)

Chie Satonaka: All or Nothing (Burns HP when using supers, but has overwhelming speed and damage, week magic and range means she is a crappy assist, meant to be played with a rotating team where she can be pulled back to recover the health she loses)

Teddie: Bag of tricks (Joke character)

Demons
Serph: Change Berserker (Starts off weak, and needs a meter to assume demon form, but demon form is versatile and overwhelms the opponent easily)

Jenna Angel: Stance Fighter (Requires mastery of forms in order to play effectively, swaps between physical and range to succeed. Assists depend on what the current form is)

Jack Frost: Power up hO! (Ranks up in battle based on combos and moveset increases accordingly as he morphs into stronger frost variations. Supers temporarily changes him into Frost Ace/physical, Black Frost (magic), King Frost (demon assist), Lucifrost/One off killer).
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#18UnbralPosted 12/10/2012 2:31:58 PM
Labrys is from P4?
---
The official Kouga Saburou of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#19Burner101Posted 12/10/2012 3:07:37 PM(edited)

Hito-Shura: Burner

I'm sorry, I just found this amusing. Anyway, going off of your MvC style roster, BS, I'd have to say I'd roll with a team of...

Tatsuya/Neutral Hero/Hito-Shura.
---
The Official Leviathan of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#20AngelVanishedPosted 12/10/2012 6:37:42 PM
CrisisOfFate posted...
As for Minato he just isn't interesting enough,sure can wield many weapons and summon persona's but that's just not enough(and I wanted to keep the number of persona characters as small as possible).

Let's look at it this way:
P3MC's the strongest character in the Persona universe. He has one of the most unique plots having a great deal to do with Shadows and the world/events unfolding around him (leading up 'til he becomes the Great Seal [yeah, Jesus allegory, but still]). And although this is subjective, he has three of the coolest looking Soejima-designed Personae. Then you throw on his ability to use multiple weapons?

And Yu's on the list as opposed to P3MC? Uh... wut?

>:|

As for BlueSophia's roster, I'd probably try my best to play using Chiaki, Jimenez and Jenna Angel. :> Although I always sucked at MvC, so I guess it'd be more for show than anything else. ;___;
---
The official Tiamat of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.