which of these 2 SMT should I buy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. which of these 2 SMT should I buy?

User Info: NinjaGamer_23

NinjaGamer_23
3 years ago#1
So I am playing through Persona 4 golden and I got persona 1-3 on my vita ready to be played. I already finished strange journey loved it.

I am looking to buying nocture or digital devil saga 1+2 .. which one of these 2 is the most rare?

User Info: MetalLoki

MetalLoki
3 years ago#2
I think the DDS game are rarer but I say get Nocturne.
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF

User Info: EmbraceChaos

EmbraceChaos
3 years ago#3
DDS is basically extras on top of Nocturne's battle system (for the most part), so I suggest Nocturne first. Overall, it's more difficult throughout the entire game but DDS's superbosses are more difficult by comparison.
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."

User Info: Zendaik

Zendaik
3 years ago#4
All three titles have gotten very cheap. Check Amazon/EBay.

Under normal circumstances I wouldve preferred DDS due to a larger focus on story/characters but I actually preferred Nocturne. Demon fusing was a big part of the reason and DDS was hurt by the lack of fusion. I think it even made the random battles more tolerable as the random battle rate killed me in DDS but I was fine in Nocturne despite the rates being around the same.

If fusion isn't huge for you, get DDS. I wasn't terribly impressed by DDS's story but YMMV. I think DDS1 has the best OST of all three games too, though all are great. Nocturne has some BAD battle music compression btw...
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos

User Info: josh1billion

josh1billion
3 years ago#5
Neither of them are rare these days (unless you have a thing against reprints for some reason); you can buy each of the games on Amazon for $20 new now.

Each has its own strengths, so... if you prefer X, play Y:
- gameplay: Nocturne
- story and cinematics: Digital Devil saga
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. which of these 2 SMT should I buy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived