which of these 2 SMT should I buy?

#1NinjaGamer_23Posted 12/9/2012 4:47:37 PM
So I am playing through Persona 4 golden and I got persona 1-3 on my vita ready to be played. I already finished strange journey loved it.

I am looking to buying nocture or digital devil saga 1+2 .. which one of these 2 is the most rare?
#2MetalLokiPosted 12/9/2012 5:58:38 PM
I think the DDS game are rarer but I say get Nocturne.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Shimapan fan of the IDF/NDF
#3EmbraceChaosPosted 12/9/2012 6:04:28 PM
DDS is basically extras on top of Nocturne's battle system (for the most part), so I suggest Nocturne first. Overall, it's more difficult throughout the entire game but DDS's superbosses are more difficult by comparison.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#4ZendaikPosted 12/9/2012 6:23:57 PM
All three titles have gotten very cheap. Check Amazon/EBay.

Under normal circumstances I wouldve preferred DDS due to a larger focus on story/characters but I actually preferred Nocturne. Demon fusing was a big part of the reason and DDS was hurt by the lack of fusion. I think it even made the random battles more tolerable as the random battle rate killed me in DDS but I was fine in Nocturne despite the rates being around the same.

If fusion isn't huge for you, get DDS. I wasn't terribly impressed by DDS's story but YMMV. I think DDS1 has the best OST of all three games too, though all are great. Nocturne has some BAD battle music compression btw...
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#5josh1billionPosted 12/13/2012 3:26:09 AM
Neither of them are rare these days (unless you have a thing against reprints for some reason); you can buy each of the games on Amazon for $20 new now.

Each has its own strengths, so... if you prefer X, play Y:
- gameplay: Nocturne
- story and cinematics: Digital Devil saga