So today I found out my dad is chaos aligned.

#1TehKrimboElfPosted 1/20/2013 9:48:06 PM
He doesn't play the games or anything, but today I heard him talking about survival of the fittest and eat or be eaten etc. And all I could think of was how he would definitely agree with the chaos route 9 times out of 10. If any SMT scenario comes true I may have to kill my own father :O!

I know Blogfaqs, sorry. But uh has this ever happened to you guys, you hear somethung your friends or family say or do that makes you realize what alignment they might be? Or am I just way too obsessed with SMT right now? :P
---
The official Surt of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
White 2 FC: 2581 1170 0989
#2MetalLokiPosted 1/20/2013 9:51:51 PM
The 1st half of my oral report for my Eng 201 class was about SMT so no ,you aren't the one that is obsessed.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur, Slime and Mermaid.....Next is?
#3Rath_AttackPosted 1/20/2013 10:51:28 PM
People who seem to belong to the Chaos alignment tend to stick out, imo.
#4IlluminaZer0Posted 1/21/2013 1:37:38 AM(edited)
Social Darwinism is based on a stupid misinterpretation of "survival of the fittest" anyways. Two examples that come to mind:

Focusing on individual survival and neglecting group survival (which obviously effects individuals). Made obvious with such lines as "eat or be eaten." False choice and bad logic.

Interpreting survival of fittest as "strongest/mightiest" rather than "doesn't die and reproduces."

It's part of the reason why we have this concept that evolution is a Pokemon style upgrade versus base adaptation. Which leads to "Why haven't monkeys evolved into humans?" Type queries.

I don't like dealing with categories but individuals. If someone can so easily be categorized they are boring. They likely aren't even really thinking about the ideas they are talking about. They are merely repeating whatever dogma is associated with whatever ideology they have identified with.

---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#5Escapulario100Posted 1/21/2013 4:20:57 AM
MetalLoki posted...
The 1st half of my oral report for my Eng 201 class was about SMT so no ,you aren't the one that is obsessed.

Same here
#61998_zPosted 1/21/2013 5:18:54 AM
Hmm, may I ask you what's your alignment is?
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 9
R - Rocket Scientist || Official Trumpeter of the SMTIV board
#7TheSlinjaPosted 1/21/2013 7:53:49 AM
Implying Chaos isn't the best alignment
---
Official Zaccoum of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
"Your Medabot was cool Ikki, not you"
#8BlueSophiaPosted 1/21/2013 10:02:24 AM
If you define yourself be such superficial abilities, you will eventually cave in when your abilities are no longer valuable. In the path of chaos, it is a never-ending game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock. The general idea is that it just keeps going and going and going with no chance of stopping anytime soon.

The path of neutrality is to break past this cycle and embrace yourself as a potential, not as an absolute.

Of course many around me would disagree about that since the majority are Christians. Very much law aligned.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#9MetalLokiPosted 1/21/2013 10:50:18 AM
Escapulario100 posted...
MetalLoki posted...

Same here

I saw your username on the Atlus forum,that's you right?
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur, Slime and Mermaid.....Next is?
#10EmbraceChaosPosted 1/21/2013 11:39:53 AM
TheSlinja posted...
Implying Chaos isn't the best alignment

---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."