Updated Information on Mikado, Tokyo, Factions, Characters, and Setting

#1VenustraphobiaPosted 1/29/2013 5:01:49 PM
http://operationrainfall.com/shin-megami-tensei-iv-setting-detailed/

That was a good read.
#2duranmanXPosted 1/29/2013 5:33:29 PM
The Casualties trying to join the Crowd Samurai reminds me of Hawk (Aleph) fighting to get into the Center
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#3TehKrimboElfPosted 1/29/2013 5:40:14 PM
Is MC a casualty or a Luxury? I feel like he is probably a casualty, but you never know.
---
The official Surt of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
White 2 FC: 2581 1170 0989
#4DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/29/2013 5:50:12 PM(edited)
I honestly wouldn't mind getting the option to kill Navarre. :u

And I'm liking Tayama's gang more and more.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#5AtlusSaGaPosted 1/29/2013 7:34:35 PM
I'm loving this setting so much. Looks to be the most intriguing of the series so far.
---
3DS: 2836-1460-9962
#6Lelouch71Posted 1/29/2013 7:46:52 PM
Nevarre sounds like one of those lawful douchebags. I can already tell I'm going to hate him. It looks like my suspicion of Jonathan being the neutral rep is becoming more likely. I think the MC is a casualty. In the trailer he's dress like a commoner.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#7MetalLokiPosted 1/29/2013 7:55:55 PM
I want to kill Navarre right now >_> I hate characters like him.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#8Escapulario100Posted 1/29/2013 7:56:52 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
Nevarre sounds like one of those lawful douchebags. I can already tell I'm going to hate him. It looks like my suspicion of Jonathan being the neutral rep is becoming more likely. I think the MC is a casualty. In the trailer he's dress like a commoner.

I'm pretty surre that Jonathan is Law
---
I miss killing God
#9DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/29/2013 8:04:02 PM
All I know is that I like Jonathan. Hell I'd like him even if he wasn't voiced by my favorite Seiyuu. I also like Walter and Isabeau.

Navarre can eat a bag of d***s though.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#10Tales_of_MasterPosted 1/29/2013 8:08:11 PM
The amount of throw backs to SMTI and SMTII in this game makes me smile. I love Nocturne just as much as the next SMT fan, but playing it after finishing SMTI&II is really jarring, because of how different the game is.

Most people who probably started with Nocturne will find SMTIV to be very different than Nocturne, not realizing that Nocturne was the one to deviate from the series. I see SMTIV to be a fusion of SMTI&II setting, with Nocturne's gameplay, which should result in the best SMT game yet.

The whole "Luxury" and "Casualties" set up. with Casualties ascending to become Luxury, is a huge throwback to SMTII, and it's a welcomed one. I hope that there will be a new twist on the concept this time around.

I think that Walter will be the Chaos her, and Jonathan the Law hero, with Navarre being the jack*** you kill during the story, and finally Izabo (Isabeau?) being the heroine. I can already see that I'm probably gonna side with Walter.........or kill everyone (especially Isabeau if I got the chance).

Can't wait to get my hand on the game. Let's hope that Atlus will localize the game quickly (and I have a feeling they will).
---
Official Masakado of the SMT IV board
Waiting for: MGSR, Soul Hackers, JJBA All-Star Battle, Tales of Hearts R, SMTIV, Ace Attorney 5.