Updated Information on Mikado, Tokyo, Factions, Characters, and Setting

#31HonzouPosted 1/31/2013 7:33:10 PM
I pretty much spent 10 minutes throwing 40 dollars worth in quarters at the screen... I still see no game copy in my hands. T^T
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#32ApollonPosted 1/31/2013 10:02:44 PM
My thoughts so far:
* Jonathan being neutral instead of law can be a really good plot twist for fans of the previous titles.
* Navarre looks like a minor villainous character for his detested manner towards the lower class, but he is still a potential law representative. Also he reminds me of Chiaki from Nocturne.
* Main/Flynn is confirmed to be a casualty before joining the samurai, that's why Walter, also a former casualty, befriends him.
* Tayama reminds me Hikawa from Nocturne. Actually Aradia criticized Hikawa's ideology/reason was pretty much another form of law, which contrary to his identity of a Gaian, that explains why he was in conflict with his former fellows before the conception.
---
System refuses to display the signature because of SOPA.
#33HandsomeNerd85Posted 1/31/2013 10:31:53 PM
Kinda like Navare to be honest lol. It must mean I'm a awful human being!!! Everyone's twisted in SMT games. That's why it's so great!
#34Escapulario100Posted 2/1/2013 2:04:19 PM
I found this and I think is kinda interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_(name)

"...name meaning "YHWH has given" in Hebrew."
---
I miss killing God
#35Rath_AttackPosted 2/1/2013 10:10:48 PM
Still curious as to why they are referred to as a "Casualty".
#36Escapulario100Posted 2/1/2013 10:39:16 PM
Rath_Attack posted...

Because they're expendable?
---
I miss killing God
#371998_zPosted 2/1/2013 11:56:56 PM
Personally I think MC is an outsider(not from Luxury or Casualty), but if he does came between those 2, then Casualty. Navarre might be one of the guys who dies early(since on the trailer we rarely see him appearing on the cutscenes) because of his personality(I guess there is someone like this in SMT?). I sorta liked Jonathan but I still don't know whether he'll be Law or Neutral(I guess Law, but nothing goes wrong with being Lawful Neutral).

Why they're referred as Casualty: Casualty. Get it? *wink wink*

What interests me is the "evil god" who rules Tokyo. Can't be YHVH there, probably some sort of demon king...also, no info about Gaby yet?
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 9
R - Rocket Scientist || Official Trumpeter of the SMTIV board
#38HonzouPosted 2/2/2013 9:37:38 AM
the more I read into this the more I keep thinking this takes place in the SMT2-verse or some very long time after SJ since we do see Mem Aleph and the Black Samurai.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#39Rath_AttackPosted 2/2/2013 6:04:16 PM
Escapulario100 posted...
Rath_Attack posted...

I get that, which is why I understand them being promoted to Samurai. Who better to put their lives on the line than the low-class folk? I just want to know if there is more to it.
#40ApollonPosted 2/2/2013 6:31:25 PM
Rath_Attack posted...
Escapulario100 posted...
Rath_Attack posted...

I get that, which is why I understand them being promoted to Samurai. Who better to put their lives on the line than the low-class folk? I just want to know if there is more to it.

Completely different in SMT4. Being a samurai automatically makes you a Luxury, even if you're previously a Casualty (Walter and Flynn). Some source claims that "Casualty" means the "Casualty of War", but I believe this is embarrassingly a misunderstanding caused by badly proofread Google Translation. And there's no mentioning of such thing in any Japanese source I can find.
---
System refuses to display the signature because of SOPA.