What should a good monster build be like?

#1Kyori KasagamiPosted 7/14/2013 11:22:29 AM
I've played till the Shinjuku area of the game and so far my demon builds have been very attack based. My magical demons have all the magical elemental skills while my physical demons have some buff and debuff abilities that they never really use. I'll then have two more demons in stock just to spam dia and media for healing after the end of every battle.

I'm doing fine so far but I feel that such a way of playing is going to make the later parts of the game difficult. I've met a boss in the Shinjuku terminal that I simply could not defeat at all with my all attack team until I figured out to cast a debuff to waste one of his actions every turn. Probably also because this is my first megaten game, I think I'm really missing something about team building.
#2Last VampirePosted 7/14/2013 11:23:53 AM
Buffs/Debuffs are important in SMT. Sometimes they are essentially required. Use them.
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#3Rose_MagePosted 7/14/2013 11:34:12 AM
You need...Offensive physical skills and magic (Check!), healing spells (Check!), buff and debuff spells (Check!). You have all you need for the time being, just make sure you spread the skills across your party so you'll never be in a tight spot ever.
---
R ~ Official Beth and Parvati of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
#4KouliPosted 7/15/2013 3:43:55 AM
My final Uriel build:

Charge
Dark Energy

Kannuki Nage
Physical Penetrate
Joy of Killing (Critical Up)
Physical Pleroma
Physical Giga Pleroma

+30% Life

Last one not really important since everything dies in one turn and whatever in bold will stack.
---
youtube.com/Kouli30
twitter.com/MadoushiKouli
#5DemiseEndPosted 7/15/2013 3:48:35 AM
Its a good thing the boss did not cast Red Capote
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it