Was I too low level to fight the Minotaur?

#31LightHawKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 7:29:51 PM
bravo1 posted...
I was level 11 when I took out Minotaur, he wasn't too bad. Gotta ride those buff/debuffs like it's your job.

Medusa wasn't that bad either. I mean, yeah, I came out of it by the skin of my teeth. But it's all in good fun.

Didn't you read? I buffed like crazy and didn't really help. Though it did massively help for Medusa. Weird. Maybe just terribly bad luck for minotaur.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#32bravo1Posted 7/17/2013 7:31:58 PM
Sorry about that, didn't mean to downplay your troubles with the fight. I guess I got good RNG on it.
---
3DS FC: 3952-7065-0089
#33Leet69Posted 7/17/2013 7:32:56 PM
Sukukaja/Tarukaja is definitely your best friend in this fight. That with three Ice users (one being the MC) and he was done.
---
Guardian Heroes XBLA XBL: M0st Infamous
3DS - FC: 1246-8708-7843 Username: infa
#34samplonPosted 7/17/2013 8:57:54 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
samplon posted...
I was grinding a lot to beat David so by the time i got to the Minotaur, i defeated him on the first try with...

MC: Lvl 25, Tam Lin: Lvl 14, Bai Suzhen: Lvl 23, Ares: Lvl 31

Only Bai Suzhen had Bufu though and before the battle was over, he managed to kill Tam Lin and Bai Suzhen.

Holy crap, you got to lvl 25 to beat David? How did you get Ares, he is lvl 31... I beat David at lvl 15, waited till after Medusa to get him... Good ol bad company, so useful when all your demons are dead and you need a fresh team.

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6889/orv.jpg

I got Ares through fusion and i have Fusion Booster 4. By the time i got to lvl 25, my requirements for the fusion were met. I've just gotten pass Medusa. She and the Minotaur were both easy as heck.
#35LinkofHyrule991Posted 7/17/2013 9:15:56 PM
Rose_Mage posted...
If you grind a bit to level 15, you could get a Jack Frost with Bufula.

I think Rakukaja would help greatly as well.

how do you fuse Jack Frost?
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#36SantaeidPosted 7/18/2013 12:13:30 AM
I only beat the first dungeon but I hear all this talk of getting new demons but you can only hold like 8 at a time. Do you guys just toss them our or is their a giant demon capsule taht holds them or all these fancy names from fusions?
---
Intel Core i7 3770, 120 GB Mushikin SSD, 1 TB WD HDD, Nvidia GTX 680, Dual Monitor, CM Storm Trooper Case, Asus P8Z77 Mobo
#37LightHawKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 5:21:52 AM
Santaeid posted...
I only beat the first dungeon but I hear all this talk of getting new demons but you can only hold like 8 at a time. Do you guys just toss them our or is their a giant demon capsule taht holds them or all these fancy names from fusions?

What are you trying to say?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#38Demons_FangPosted 7/18/2013 10:12:25 AM
Santaeid posted...

you can get perks that let you hold more than 8 demons at any given time, but no its not like the other SMT games where the demons you don't use just chill in your bachelor pad, instead they have a semi-useful new feature (new to me that is) that once you register your demons in the demon compendium (or whatever its called) which you get at about the second or third dungeon. you can fuse demons with once you have registered but you have to use macca for that fusion as it summons the demon to fuse then fuses it...
---
From darkness we are born into the light, in light we shall remain, until to darkness we return again
#39scorch109Posted 7/18/2013 10:14:04 AM
Demons_Fang posted...
Santaeid posted...

you can get perks that let you hold more than 8 demons at any given time, but no its not like the other SMT games where the demons you don't use just chill in your bachelor pad, instead they have a semi-useful new feature (new to me that is) that once you register your demons in the demon compendium (or whatever its called) which you get at about the second or third dungeon. you can fuse demons with once you have registered but you have to use macca for that fusion as it summons the demon to fuse then fuses it...

It's not really new, it's just automating the process for special fusions.
---
"The Bible is probably the most genocidal book ever written." Noam Chomsky
#40Darklit_AnguishPosted 7/18/2013 10:22:22 AM
BahamutZero92 posted...
_pigzigaccount5 posted...
the minotaur was the matador of this game for me

Just wait until you get to Medusa. That boss is 10x worse and only a bit ahead of where you're at.

Is she supposed to be hard? When I fought her, she kept using Zionga on my elec-null Hooligan every single turn, literally 3 or 4 times in a row until she died