Don't Give ANYONE Your DLC or Registration Codes!

#1NintenbroPosted 7/16/2013 8:22:41 PM
I can't sit back and just watch good hearted people get taken advantage of. It's not your obligation, it's not going to make you look any better in the eyes of God, and there's no reason on God's green earth that you owe this to anyone. If these bottom feeders didn't know they could take advantage of some ignorant & kind person, they wouldn't even take the time to spam the internet with their sob story's. So don't even encourage these a******* and don't support their action's anymore. Just ignore beggar's thread's from now on. Once the parasites realize it's useless to do so, no more kind hearted people will get taken advantage of. Thank you.
---
Wii FC: 8197-8833-3892-6232
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489
#2SpikedWarPosted 7/16/2013 8:24:12 PM
But I recently lost my job, my wife, my dog, and my car and all I want for X-mas is a code :(
#3zero67501Posted 7/16/2013 8:24:14 PM
i gave mine out today and guy never messaged me his end of the deal....oh well its life
#4jonnovision1Posted 7/16/2013 8:24:47 PM
honesty considering how useless the Gamestop DLC armor ended up being, you might as well get rid of it.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#5talesfan215Posted 7/16/2013 8:25:01 PM
zero67501 posted...
i gave mine out today and guy never messaged me his end of the deal....oh well its life

I feel for you man.
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.
#6DalekZeroPosted 7/16/2013 8:25:52 PM
Damn straight TC! DON'T LET ANYBODY PUSH YOU AROUND! ROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity - George Carlin (1937-2008)
#7talesfan215Posted 7/16/2013 8:27:01 PM
I wouldn't give mine out unless it was family. But I wanted to use it for myself anyway.
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.
#8BurgerTime79Posted 7/16/2013 8:28:49 PM(edited)
A more accurate response would be to explain that it's against the ToU for people to make topics for the soul purpose of attempting to get codes off of others.

From http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/11-sballin/61332390
-Beta/Game/DLC/Etc Code Giveaways: If you have a code for a game that you don't want, you can make a topic to give it away. You can NOT make a topic to attempt to profit from the code by trying to sell it or exchange it for something of monetary value. If a game has multiple identical valued DLC content (say, exclusives from different stores), you can ask to exchange your code for another one of equal value. This would be the only exchange allowed (that is, trading one DLC code for another from that exact same game).

Also from that link:
The following topics are still not allowed:

-Begging/Asking For Beta/Game/DLC/Etc Codes: If people have codes to spare, they can make a topic offering one. You cannot make a topic asking people to give you one.

People are only begging for these codes right now because of the $30 promotion. As much as people want to justify their handing over codes as "being nice", they're just adding to give a man a fish mentality. Around here, if you give a man a fish, he's just going to keep asking for fish. I've already seen one people get their account warned because he asked once, got modded, and then made another topic asking again.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#9PHATJERPosted 7/16/2013 8:27:38 PM
If it's like the other boards on Gfaqs (and if the mods are doing their jobs), those topics would be deleted.
---
PSN: Ao_Iconoclast
GT: Tsukuyomi17
#10jokerstyle00Posted 7/16/2013 8:27:39 PM
I second that.
All of us paid an extra ten dollars ontop of the usual price for a handheld game; we have no obligation to anyone to lose an extra thirty dollars from handing away our code. I'll be blunt: for those of you asking for handouts, do yourselves a favor and stop. Honestly. It just pisses the board off, no matter what your reason is.
---
B-Boy Joker
The Official Suzaku of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.