Anything "special" about special fusions?

#1michaeltj10Posted 7/19/2013 6:39:32 AM
I know that special fusions are the only way to get those demons, but other than that, are there any reasons not to fuse them with regular demons to get a new regular demon?
---
***Pokemon White Friend Code : 5286 - 0857 - 3223***
***Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339 - 2803 - 8178***
#2ZeruelPosted 7/19/2013 6:42:25 AM
Nah, they can still fuse with other demons normally. The only thing that makes them special is the fact that they require certain demons in order to be made.
---
I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck!
#3shulebsPosted 7/19/2013 6:46:30 AM
I think the idea of the special fusions is that they're unique monsters you'll never find in the wild (unless it's a boss-type encounter, that you will be required to beat in order to unlock the fusion to begin with). So, there is nothing really forcing you to keep them, the "special" label is just the game's way of letting you know it's worth the trouble getting them at least once in order to open up more fusion options. Plus, the fact they're made up of three demons instead of two makes it a little easier to mix and match skills.
#4BlueSophiaPosted 7/19/2013 7:00:48 AM
They don't use the demons in your stock. They use them from your compendium.
---
The official Ardha of the SMT IV board.
So much sodium against the WiiU!
#5GeekyDadPosted 7/19/2013 7:01:44 AM
BlueSophia posted...

Or your stock in you have them.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#6The Mystical OnePosted 7/19/2013 7:03:36 AM
Is there a list (even a partial one) of what it takes to make all of them? I got Fortuna, but I haven't figured out all the pieces of the others yet.
---
Bald Ninjas! http://www.baldninja.com
Super Metroid 1:53, 100% Items
#7shulebsPosted 7/19/2013 7:03:38 AM
They may use Compendium or Stock demons, same as every fusion (if you set the search to include Compendium demons).
#8ZeruelPosted 7/19/2013 7:06:00 AM
The Mystical One posted...
Is there a list (even a partial one) of what it takes to make all of them? I got Fortuna, but I haven't figured out all the pieces of the others yet.

Here's a Japanese list.

http://www34.atwiki.jp/megaten4/pages/110.html

Be aware that some of them have to be unlocked through quests or defeating demons before they can be fused.
---
I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck!
#9michaeltj10(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 7:06:24 AM
Ah, thanks for the answers. I have Fortuna, and while I like her right now, there are a couple new demons who I can fuse from her, and I wanted to make sure there wasn't a specific reason to keep her.
---
***Pokemon White Friend Code : 5286 - 0857 - 3223***
***Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339 - 2803 - 8178***
#10littlecletusPosted 7/19/2013 7:33:55 AM
GeekyDad posted...
BlueSophia posted...

Or your stock in you have them.

That is the question I had. I was wondering if I could go and pick up the demons listed in the "recipe" and avoid the macca cost.

Do you still need to pay any macca for a special fusion?
Of is that the price for sommoning the demons through the compendium?

I am still pretty early in the game. I could easy go pick up the earlier demons for the first couple special fusions.
---
Are you a bug, Bill Murray?