Easy mode changes?

#1hellomyfriendlyPosted 7/20/2013 2:08:33 AM
I'm assuming enemies do less damage.
You do more damage.

Anything else?
#2grayfox_2kPosted 7/20/2013 2:13:29 AM
I'm wondering about this as well.
#3Vanquish04Posted 7/20/2013 2:17:25 AM
It's easier to avoid status ailments, your hit rate also increases, also enemies' hit rate decreases

All just observations
#4grayfox_2kPosted 7/20/2013 2:22:19 AM
How about macca and XP- do they go up or down?
#5MasterPokerPosted 7/20/2013 2:25:54 AM
Someone else posted that you're far less likely to get ambushed (20%, vs a formula on other modes that varies 30-70% based on an Agi+Luck check).

SMT IV may be easier than its predecessors (on Normal, anyway, why Hard would be locked is beyond me), but its still harder than most RPGs out there. Easy+Charon+DLC is basically Atlus' way of trying to get sales from the non-hardcore RPG crowd, so you can rest assured it'll be a lot easier than even Normal.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Xuande
#6overmaxxPosted 7/20/2013 2:27:19 AM
I dunno, I'm having way more trouble with SMTIV Normal than Nocturne Normal.

Sure the difficulty curve is smoother, but it's overall higher on the random encounters killing me every damn section. The damage is really high.

I guess it's the easiest one if you save scum and reload every mistake, but then are you even having fun.
---
r u 'aving a gigle ther m8?
(3DS: 2122 - 5984 - 7063) Animal Crossing and Pokemon XY in the future
#7hellomyfriendly(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 2:27:49 AM
To be fair, I won't let myself play on easy, I seem to be doing okay on normal, I just wondered what it actually changed as there was no explanation in game.
#8MasterPokerPosted 7/20/2013 2:36:18 AM
overmaxx posted...
I dunno, I'm having way more trouble with SMTIV Normal than Nocturne Normal.

Sure the difficulty curve is smoother, but it's overall higher on the random encounters killing me every damn section. The damage is really high.

I guess it's the easiest one if you save scum and reload every mistake, but then are you even having fun.

I never played Nocturne on normal, my first run was on Hard...and I found those random encounters to be way harder (pretty much since I entered Tokyo, my random battle plan in SMT IV has been to pick Sword or Gun for the MC, then hit auto-battle [not the App version]. It helps that my MC has a get-out-of-jail spell in Mahamaon.)

I've been saving more often than I would with save points, if only because SMT IV has "ambush bosses" at times. However, aside from one optional domain Grendel at Lv24...whee that was fun...not, I've only died once so far. Minotaur at Lv11, no Bufu access, but won on second try
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Xuande
#9SinExDeathPosted 7/20/2013 2:39:20 AM
100% flee rate for all non-scripted encounters.
---
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
#10overmaxxPosted 7/20/2013 2:40:26 AM
In any case, I'm thinking about killing my playthrough off at you-know-when and starting again on Hard Mode.
---
r u 'aving a gigle ther m8?
(3DS: 2122 - 5984 - 7063) Animal Crossing and Pokemon XY in the future